Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud Screen Pop integration with Citrix Xendesktop/Xenapp

Posted 07-29-2021 14:14
    Community, I wonder if anyone had any experience with having GC WebRTC chrome Client on agent Laptop/Desktop with CTI data from the IVR and popping that data into a CRM that may exist within a Citrix Xendesk(VDI)/Xenapp..
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Shalom Benzaquen
    Anthem, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud Screen Pop integration with Citrix Xendesktop/Xenapp

Posted 07-31-2021 00:35
    HI Shalom

What you might want to consider instead is using the new VDI helper run on the laptop/desktop but have the user browser instance within the same Citrix session.  Hopefully someone that's played around with that new helper can input here as I haven't touched it myself.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud Screen Pop integration with Citrix Xendesktop/Xenapp

Posted 03-01-2022 11:11
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:30
    Hi Community,
    Is anyone using Genesys Cloud with a Citrix VDI and not using the WebRTC Helper? We are evaluating removing internet access from the agent desktop. The Citrix VDI would control internet access to Genesys Cloud and the voice call would route via VDI to a thin client on the agent's desktop.

We know this requires VDI tuning.

David Martinez
    Motorola Solutions Inc

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud Screen Pop integration with Citrix Xendesktop/Xenapp

Posted 03-02-2022 05:20
    Hi David -

We've recently been through a LOT of pain convincing the customer that they should be using the WebRTC Helper with their VDI (as per Genesys recommendation).

In their case, their preferred solution was MS Cloud PC / Azure Remote Desktop running on a Wyse Terminal ... an unholy combination! The Wyse would not allow them to use the Helper since they couldn't run a separate browser session; all our testing on a Windows PC (then running Helper + Cloud PC) convinced them to swap out the Wyse terminals.

Our biggest issue was audio lag ... without the Helper it could be as bad as 2.5 seconds comparing the Customer and Agent conversations.

Genesys might say that if you don't use the Helper then you need to 'tune' the VDI environment ... the problem will be getting someone to own that activity.

I had far less grey hair before starting that project!

Cheers,
    Mal.

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific
    malcolm.green@nexon.com.au

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources