View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

• 1.  Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-07-2020 02:56
    Edited by Alessandro Boni 02-07-2020 03:29

Hi all,
    we're configuring a MiniEdge with two different interface, LAN for External Trunk to Cisco using private address (no gateway configured, only static route as per documentation), and WAN for Cloud comunication; the WAN has a Gateway.

The strange situation we're encountering is this: at EDGE startup, only the external Trunk goes up, the WAN remain grey but is cabled; if we enable the WAN from Edge, and disable/enable LAN, the WAN goes up and LAN goes down. IP interface are separated, so we think there are not network congestion,

After we enable protocol and media capture in WAN/LAN, we see traffic, but if we made a call from Cisco to Edge, we saw an:

"404 Not available trunk found"

There are any particular configuration in case we use LAN for internal traffic (i.e. to Cisco Voice Gatewa) and WAN for Cloud? 
    Firewall is opened any from WAN to external, so we think at someone on edge configuration.... 

LAN and WAN are on separate network, but in Edge device the LAN must have the route to WAN and viceversa for your knowledge?

Any help would be appreciated
    BR Alessandro

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Alessandro Boni
    ComApp S.r.l

• 2.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-10-2020 14:20
    The LAN side would typically be used for trunks available on the LAN, such as a provider gateway with SIP channels (I think this would be your Cisco gateway), or phones in the corporate network. If you don't have a trunk on the WAN side, why do you care if it is up? As long as you can see the edge in the admin interface.

I don't think you have to have a trunk on the WAN side.
    Make sure your static routes are setup correctly, and your trunk allows the Cisco to talk to it (check the access list). The edge should show the trunk as operational.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 3.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-10-2020 16:06
    Hi Sven,
    many thanks for you answer.
    In all our previous deploy with a miniedge, we've used a WAN interface to communicate with external trunk (in the same lan of edge) and with PureCloud and WebRTC trunk, and all works fine.

Now, the question is simply that:
    with mini edge, could we use the LAN interface to connect the external trunk (in the customer LAN) and WAN to connect to WebRTC trunk? as per documentation, no gateway it's configured in LAN, because the online docs says that the gateway need to be configured only in WAN; LAN interface need static route to works correctly, non gateway.

But with this configuration, we saw that External trunk goes green in LAN and WebRTC goes grey in WAN; in we configure External Trunk and WebRTC in WAN both have green color.

What could be the error?
    Many thanks, Alessandro

Alessandro Boni
    ComApp S.r.l

• 4.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-10-2020 16:19
    We have a setup with an external trunk setup on the LAN side and that works fine. We also have WebRTC trunks setup on WAN and LAN side, so this should work for you. You are correct, you have to setup static routing only and no default gateway on the LAN side. Maybe you can share your setup privately, so I can have a look. Please include IP addresses of the relevant components.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 5.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-10-2020 16:44
    Hi Sven,
    i sent you my LAN/WAN configuration using print screen.
    Many thanks in advance..Alessandro

Alessandro Boni
    ComApp S.r.l

• 6.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-10-2020 16:46
    Edited by Alessandro Boni 02-10-2020 16:46
    Also, i think that LAN interface need to have static route to see the WAN interface, other that internal Voice Gateway, or isn't the case?

Alessandro Boni
    ComApp S.r.l

• 7.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-11-2020 10:59
    Edited by Charl Strauss 02-11-2020 11:00
    I had a similar issue, but its working fine today.. Please check your side also?

Charl STRAUSS
    SafriCloud PTY Ltd

• 8.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-11-2020 11:08
    Is the same for me,
    WAN and LAN are working correctly from this morning.

• 9.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-11-2020 12:13
    As indicated before, starting from today all is working correctly without any change in configuration :)

So the next question is: if customer's firewall is opened only from WebRTC client (webrtc client are in intranet with the edge)  to LAN1 interface, it's necessary to configure WebRTC Trunk on LAN interface? Customer asks to avoid WAN interface for traffic to WebRTC client, it ask to have only connection from WebRTC client to edge LAN1 port, implementing static route in LAN1 edge interface.

It's possible that for your experience, or it's better to have WebRTC Trunk to WAN?

BR Alessandro

Alessandro Boni
    ComApp S.r.l

• 10.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 02-12-2020 01:54
    Its possible if you have internet access and the correct firewall rules and static route on LAN1 yes.

Thank you for confirming. I had the same issue on the big edges * 4 interfaces. saving on one interface would cause the other trunks to go grey on the other interfaces and vise versa. from yesterday this is not happening anymore. I had the issue in production with a client that's been running for a while. so interested to see what the reason was.

Charl STRAUSS
    SafriCloud PTY Ltd

• 11.  RE: Mini Edge with LAN/WAN cabled

Posted 09-27-2020 21:58
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 09-28-2020 01:09
    What's the reason the LAN port can't use the gateway and needs routes?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources