Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Live Monitoring Agents

• 1.  Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 08:57
    Hi All, 

Is there a way to live monitor agents in PureCloud without having to watch for then click on the interaction? 

Most of my customers are moving from Avaya CM environments and are very accustomed to the service observe feature for live monitoring. It's not very flashy, but it does allow a supervisor to initiate a monitor and then go on to other tasks and listen to conversations as they come up. So they don't really have to pay attention to what the agent is doing, whether or not they're on a call... they just hear it. 

Anyone else running into this or come up with a workaround? 

Thanks
    Dean.
    #PlatformAdministration
    #QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

GENESYS
    Posted 04-02-2019 12:00
    That's basically a "continuous monitor". Sorry, no, it is not a feature of PureCloud.

The only matching entry I could find on the Ideas Lab has just one vote:  https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PCV-I-55

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 12:40
    Well I voted for it!

Thanks George. I feel like there could be an alert option that could tell a supervisor when an agent is on a call, but it looks like all the alerts are metric thresholds as opposed to status based. Is there anything that can generate a toast for a supervisor saying "this agent is on an acd call"?

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 4.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 13:44
    Hi Dean,
    Have you had a look at the Dashboard options ? Granted the alarms therein does not send a notification to the supervisor, but it comes with the possibility of knowing the number of agents who are interacting, idle, busy, on queue, off queue etc etc.
    Regards
    Samuel

Samuel Effange
    Nissan North America, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 15:28
    Hi Sam, 
    Yes.. those are good for interval and daily aggregates. The use case here is for training though. The supervisor is interested in live monitoring one specific agent at a time. And as it stands, i'm not seeing a way to generate an alert or a toast or something that says "agent suzie just got an acd call..." so that the supervisor knows to go listen to it. 
    Thks
    Dean.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 6.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 15:48
    Having the ability to monitor a specific agents line without having to click on each interaction would be a good training tool for supervisors.  As stated, it gives the supervisor the ability to work on other tasks while still being able to hear what is happening as calls are pushed to the agent.

For our particular use case, we are a 100% telecommuting team and supervisors don't have the ability to live listen by sitting next to an employee. This would make it easier to monitor their work and provide instant feedback/support.  This would also be helpful in training new employees.  Due to all employees being remote, we do not have the ability for new employees to sit in person next to another agent to hear calls live.  If this was available, we could temporarily assign that permission to a new employee and allow them to hear calls as they come, again without having to catch each interaction and click on it to monitor.

Are there others out there with a 100% telecommuting team that have found "work arounds" for these types of situations?  

Amanda Keeton
    Contact Center Manager
    Baker College Contact Center

• 7.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 15:55
      |   view attached

Hi Dean & Amanda,
    I tried setting an alarm for a particular user to be notified when the agent receives a call, and It was successful. I don't know if this is what your colleagues might be looking for. Have a look at the attached document

Regards

Sam

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Interactions.pdf   76 KB 1 version

• 8.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

GENESYS
    Posted 04-02-2019 16:01
    Unfortunately, Sam, I think you will find that the Alert will continue constantly after the agent answers their first interaction of the day. This alert looks at the total number of interactions answered, which is always >0 after the first answer.
    Let us know if you find it to work differently.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 16:10
    Sam I saw that one too and had George's thought, but I'm going to test it anywho. We were on the same track there. ​

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 10.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 16:23
    Hi Dean,
    The Only issue is that, this is the same information that you have under  Performance then Agent. So the question is, does one want to duplicate the task by creating an Alert for something that PureCloud has already done ?
    Regards
    Sam

Samuel Effange

• 11.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-02-2019 16:17
      |   view attached
    Hi George,
    Yes it does. However, I noticed that if I go to the Alert and click on the agents name, It will give me a detail record of what that agent has done. I don't know if this helps our friends.
    Regards
    Sam

Samuel Effange

Attachment(s)

docx
    Agent-Alert.docx   54 KB 1 version

• 12.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-03-2019 03:59
    Hi Guys... late to this thread -  but what I have found is that the new filters on interactions work for our Supervisors I Use the filters ENDED "no" and LIMIT INTERACTIONS "ACD-Routed" or combination of these filters PLUS refresh - I know this is low tech but it works for us <g class="gr_ gr_210 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" id="210" data-gr-id="210">non</g> API dudes.... :-)

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 13.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-03-2019 07:58
    Thanks Matt... I'll give that a try. 

George, I think a custom api is a bet heavy for this.

ps... I knew that sooner or later I'd post something that generated some activity!

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 14.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

GENESYS
    Posted 04-02-2019 16:51
    Sorry, no, there is no way in the interface to set up an alert or toast pop when an agent answers an interaction.

You might look at creating your own custom app using the API.

For example, https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/users/#get-api-v2-users--userId- cab be used with the conversationSummary expansion to get a list of whether the agent is Active on a call. You could parse out the response to check and see if "active" is something other than 0, then use your custom app to alert the supervisor somehow. Just ideas...nothing I've tried to create. Purely custom, and you would have to create the app, probably in a web page.

"conversationSummary": {
    "call": {
    "contactCenter": {
    "active": 1,
    "acw": 0
    },

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 15.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

GENESYS
    Posted 04-03-2019 13:47
    Thanks to everyone for adding comments around this feature.  I have recently joined the PureCloud Product Team and have Monitor/Coach/Barge as a project I am currently gathering requirements for.

While we support monitoring now, I understand the desire for a constant connection to an agent so as to avoid needing to reconnect each time the agent starts a new call.  Additionally, we'd like to be able to provide coach and barge functionality to round out the offering. 

My initial reaction is that this functionality should be delivered at the agent level versus the interaction level and it sounds like you all agree.  We are considering introducing this functionality in the presence bubble to the left of the agent's name on the Agent-Performance dashboard.  

I'd love to get your feedback on this and any other needs you might have in relation to these features.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Genesys - Employees

• 16.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-03-2019 13:53
    Chris,

That is excellent news that additional features surrounding this topic may eventually be available.  Through a previous employer, I worked on the Interactive Intelligence platform which, if I am correct, is legacy software for PureCloud?  That product had features similar to what myself and others have been discussing (i.e. the ongoing connection for live listening, etc.).

This may be unique to our situation, but I can share that for us having the ability for coaches to be able to listen to their team live, with minimal interaction needed within the UI, is ideal.  Additionally, from a new hire and onboarding perspective having the ability for new team members to remotely listen to live calls/view the agents screen that is taking the live call would come in very handy.  These are all things that we've worked around, and again this may be unique to us so I understand if this isn't a priority, but it would be helpful.

Thanks for your consideration!
    Amanda

Amanda Keeton
    Contact Center Manager
    Baker College Contact Center

• 17.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

GENESYS
    Posted 04-03-2019 13:57
    Another feature that some find quite useful is the ability to continuously monitor a Queue. So, every time a new call enters a specific Queue the supervisor is connected and can monitor the call. This would include the ability to disconnect from a specific call, but continue to monitor the queue and be connected to the next call that connects to an agent.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 18.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 04-15-2021 14:52
    I see this thread hasn't had much activity since Spring 2019.  Wow, this would have been really helpful if it had been available during this past 15 months.  Since you said your project was gathering requirements in April 2019, I am wondering if there's been an update.  Was the project approved to move forward?

From Chris:
    While we support monitoring now, I understand the desire for a constant connection to an agent so as to avoid needing to reconnect each time the agent starts a new call.  Additionally, we'd like to be able to provide coach and barge functionality to round out the offering.

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 19.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 10-21-2021 05:33
    Hi Chris,

Is there any update on this project?

Regards

Sam

Sam Small
    IP Integration Ltd

• 20.  RE: Live Monitoring Agents

Posted 10-22-2021 12:09
    @George Ganahl @Chris Bohlin ​​ , do you have any update?

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources