Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Viewing a DID in the assigned/vs unassigned list inconsistent?

Posted 05-18-2021 01:42
    Hi guys

When viewing the DID list, is it just me or is there an issue where the same DDI will show up in both assigned and unassigned?  The only difference is that when I view that same DDI in the unassigned list it is blank in the Assignee column?
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Viewing a DID in the assigned/vs unassigned list inconsistent?

Posted 05-19-2021 02:48
    Hi Vaun,

I cannot confirm this behavior. In different orgs I see only assigned DIDs (with assignee) in the assigned list and the only the unassigned DIDs in the unassigned list and they have obviously no assignee. 

Regards,
    Marcelo

Marcelo Heil França
    InfinIT.cx GmbH

• 3.  RE: Viewing a DID in the assigned/vs unassigned list inconsistent?

Posted 05-19-2021 03:35
    Thanks Marcelo, I've had similar issues with extensions before and needed to raise a case to Genesys to have them "fix" this in the backend somehow.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Viewing a DID in the assigned/vs unassigned list inconsistent?

Posted 05-19-2021 03:43
    Hi Vaun,

I haven't seen this specific behaviour but I do know there is an issue or was an issue (looks like it may have been fixed) with DIDs being assigned to users that have been deleted, the DID does not get unassigned from the deleted user properly but in the DID Numbers lists the DID will show as having no user assigned to it, if you then assign it to another user thinking it's free there can be some back end problems of that DID getting stuck and the system then thinks it's against 2 users.

I've just tested it again and I was able to assign the DID to another user but when I restored the deleted user the DID was still against them so now it is against 2 users and can cause a conflict.

Best practice unfortunately is before you delete a user unassign their DID/s.

Regards,

Nathan

Nathan Kaden
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 5.  RE: Viewing a DID in the assigned/vs unassigned list inconsistent?

Posted 05-19-2021 04:55
    Thanks Nathan

For what it's worth, it's resolved now.  Genesys' response:

The unassigned DID data is generated & stored in a DynamoDB database as part of processing the events from creating, updating, and deleting DIDs and DID Pools. If one or more events fails to process, the data can become out of sync. This is what happened here. Deleting and re-adding the DID number seems to have resolved the issue.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources