Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Communicate Users Cannot Transfer to Queue

Posted 07-29-2019 09:42
    I wanted to bounce this off the Community.

Why can't a Communicate licensed user transfer a call to a queue? 

Or am I doing something wrong with the setup?

I setup a customer recently with new ORG. Most of their users are business user, not ACD agents, who we have put in the Communicate User role. We have found that they are unable to transfer a call to a queue. Specifically, they cannot see queue names in the Transfer window search results. I found this Resource Center article, https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/transfer-call/, that implies in the prerequisite note at the top of the article that any user with this permission can transfer a call to a queue.
    Prerequisites
    • Transfer to queue: Routing > Queue > View assigned to any user role
    So we gave that permission to the Communicate User role, but those users in that Communicate User role still could not do the transfers. So I opened a Support ticket and got back response with another Resource Center article, https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/transfer-voice-interaction/ that notes different prerequisite permissions. 
    Prerequisites

The following permissions:

• Conversation > Call > Add
    • Routing > Queue > View
    • Routing > Agent > OnQueue
    • Routing > Queue > Join
    • Routing > Queue > Search
    • Routing > Queue > View
    The problem is these, that these permissions require a license upgrade from Communicate license to one of the PureCloud licenses. Of course customer doesn't want to do that for all their business users.

Either the documentation needs to be clarified, or I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else have any feedback?

Or is this simply a marketing decision from Genesys regarding licenses. I'm just an engineer, don't even know pricing for licenses. But seems like this should be basic to be able to transfer to queues. 

Can you folks at Genesys bounce this off your marketing people for a response?

#Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 2.  RE: Communicate Users Cannot Transfer to Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 07-29-2019 14:43
    You only need Transfer to queue: Routing > Queue > View to see this functionality. You don't need the extra permissions. We released the ability to transfer calls to queues for communicate users back in April 2018, https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/april-25-2018/, so if this is not working it's a bug. Can you send me the support ticket so I can follow up?

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Communicate Users Cannot Transfer to Queue

Posted 02-04-2022 08:57
    Hello,

We are having the same issues as Greg. The permission Routing > Queue > View is under the Wallboard license. Would this create an issue? If we enable this permission, are we going to get charged for the Wallboard?

Thank you,
    Dianne

• 4.  RE: Communicate Users Cannot Transfer to Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 07-29-2019 15:13
    Can you try adding Routing > Queue > Search permission to these users?

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources