Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 12-27-2021 10:51

Hi there, i'm new creating data actions but i'm in need to create a data action that checks on a datatable, some sort of data table look up in arquitect but i need this as a call rule for outbound campaigns.

for example, "this customer ID it's in the data table do not call this contact until it's removed from the data table".

is this possible?
    So far my data action tests comes back with no issue if the customer id it's in the data table but if it's not there's an error.
    how can i solve this issue?

thanks and kindest regards

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

• 2.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 12-27-2021 11:08
    Hi Mariano,

Are you using a Genesys Cloud data table for your do not call list?  If so, when the value is not found in the table, it should be taking the Not Found branch. Here you can design the flow to skip making the call based on your business rule. Below is an example of data action that queries a Genesys Cloud data table. We use many data table lookups in our flows and they all work perfectly. Do you know for sure that the logic is taking the error branch, or could it be taking the not found branch and you just don't have anything programmed for that yet? 

• 3.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 12-27-2021 12:06

Hi Jackie, thanks for your response.

Since the customer do have a DNC list provided by the local and federal govt they can't use the DNC call options in the outbound campaigns.

And since this contacts are to be added or removed almost in a daily basis my idea was to give them, enough control through a data table so they can add or delete this customers ID when they need the most.
    the thing is this outbound campaings are so basic that they do not have any outbound flow needed, that's why the need to have this as a call rule 

Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

• 4.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 12-27-2021 12:55
    Edited by Jackie Maher 12-27-2021 13:34
    Thank you for explaining in more detail Mariano. I'm not going to be of any help then. I haven't done any outbound campaigns yet. We have a product called Relay for all of our outbound interactions. 

Hopefully someone with Genesys Cloud outbound experience will be able to help you.

Best of luck,
    Jackie

• 5.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 12-27-2021 13:53
    thank you very much for your time and your response.

Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

• 6.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 12-28-2021 03:59

Hi Mariano,

maybe you can call a workflow from data action (Work with workflows - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)), and from the workflow make data table lookup.

Thanks,

Irina Milstein
    ITNavPro

• 7.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 12-28-2021 08:17

Hi Irina, yes, ideally i would call a data table look up from the flow directly but most of the outbound campaigns created for this customer are so basic that they do not have any flow. 

That's why i was thinking to make the data table look up to work as a call rule and not as a part of the flow.

thanks for your time and your answer

Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

• 8.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 02-02-2022 12:35
    Edited by Hitesh Patel 02-02-2022 12:36
    Hi Jackie, I found this thread and hopefully I can get some assistance.  I am trying to prevent a Manual outbound call to be made if a phone number is in a DNC table in Genesys.

Hitesh Patel
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

• 9.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 02-02-2022 16:08
    HI Hitesh,

I don't know that I have an answer for you related to outbound. I haven't done any outbound on Genesys. We do leverage a several Genesys data tables within Architect inbound and secure flows and do something similar to a DNC; it is a whitelist of ANIs. We look up the incoming ANI on the ANI whitelist data table and if the ANI is found in the table we perform some special logic. The DNC would work similar but what I don't know is if outbound flows allow you to use Genesys data tables. 

Hopefully someone in the community with experience specific to outbound will jump in on this thread.

Best of luck,
    Jackie

• 10.  RE: Data Table Lookup as a call rule

Posted 02-03-2022 08:20
    Thanks for checking.

Hitesh Patel
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources