Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

PureCloud Softphone

• 1.  PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-21-2021 10:05
    Hi 
    we are using PureCloud Softphone in order to take the advantage for the HA from EDGE.
    We realized that during the provisioning, the different Network Interface are shown and the user has to choose the default or other.

When using VPN the Agent has to choose VPN Network interface otherwise the provisioning process is not working and the telephone remain not registered.

The other way around when they are in the office.

Are any of you aware if is it possible to customize the network adapter selection using scripting or registry keys? I did not find useful information so far and before starting reverse engineering maybe there is an easy way to achieve this.
    Thanks

#Implementation
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Gennaro Montanino

• 2.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-24-2021 18:43
    Could I ask why you are using the softphone and not the WebRTC phone?  With the new STUN/TURN options for the WebRTC phone, it makes the softphone superfluous.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-25-2021 08:36
    Actually another reason why you want to use the PureCloud Softphone/Desktop app is that the WebRTC does not support screen recording..

Shalom Benzaquen
    Anthem, Inc.

• 4.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-25-2021 08:53
    Are you sure about that? I have no way of testing it, but according to this article it should be fine as long as you're using desktop app (I heard that Chrome plugin is coming too).

Piotr Danielewski
    Ernst & Young Global Services Limited

• 5.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-25-2021 09:19
    You don't have to use the desktop app if you want screen recording.  You only have to install it so the driver installs.  Then you can use the Web browser and never touch the desktop.  The softphone is totally separate from this issue.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 6.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-25-2021 09:33
    interesting..  I will re-test and validate that..  In the past even though I had the puredesktop installed on my machine and used the Browser version of webrtc the screen was not recorded..

Shalom Benzaquen
    Anthem, Inc.

• 7.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2021 09:41
    The only way I have been able to get a screen recording of a call using the Web Client is to also be logged into the Desktop App at the same time. That dual log-in is not supported due to the issues it can cause.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-25-2021 09:47
    Thank you that makes sense..  I had heard earlier that the web version screen recording enablement was on the RoadMap..  Do you know if that is still planned...

Shalom Benzaquen
    Anthem, Inc.

• 9.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-25-2021 09:50
    That would be a challenge.  It is hard for a browser to interact with local DLLs and drivers.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 10.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-25-2021 03:14
    I'd agree with Robert. WebRTC seems to be​ better option here. The only thing to keep in mind is opening ports specific to WebRTC on company firewall (it may be a bit easier with Force Turn feature which limits range of IP's you have to open). On the other hand, if you're using WebRTC, you don't have to use extensions, which makes life a bit easier :-)

@Robert Wakefield-Carl, think that the reason for some people to use Softphone is the fact, that that's what Genesys tells you to use during "Genesys Cloud implementation" training and they only mention that there's something like WebRTC you can use.

Piotr Danielewski
    Ernst & Young Global Services Limited

• 11.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 01-25-2021 03:30
    Hi Thank you for your answers. There are 2 issues with WebRTC:
    1. not possoible to leverage High Availability and local resilience from Edge
    2. Security issue, we must allow Edge to go directly to internet bapassing proxy...

It should be possible modifying
    On registry : Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Interactive Intelligence\SIP Soft Phone\XXXXXX....$
    I will make some test and let you know

KR

Gennaro Montanino

• 12.  RE: PureCloud Softphone

Posted 04-28-2021 07:32
    The Softphone always pick the adapter with the lowest interface metric.

You can run this PowerShell command to check the preference order, the lowest interface metric wins:
    Get-NetIPInterface | sort Interfacemetric​

Multiple adapters with the same metric and virtual adapters with the lowest metric can cause issues with the registration if there is no connectivity with the Edges.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources