Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

• 1.  Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

Posted 03-13-2020 11:18
    We have one queue with multiple skills (Medical/Dental). Is it possible for an agent to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill? We just switched over to Genesys, so I'm still learning the system.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Vince Zeppa
    Advantage Health Centers of Detroit

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

GENESYS
    Posted 03-13-2020 11:36

I think the transfer would have to be done to a DID which then selects an Inbound Call flow which assigns the appropriate skill and transfers to the queue.

Since the DID is configured in genesys Cloud, the call would stay internal without looping out to the carrier.

There are ways to use the Number Plan to take a shorter number (2,3,4 or whatever digits) and convert to the DID.

The Inbound Call Flow could be set up with prompts for the agent to choose the skill, in which case the agent would do a Consult transfer, make the selections, then complete that consult transfer once the call is routing/routed to the queue (which could mean the agent gets connected to another agent in the queue before completing the transfer, which should be fine).

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

Posted 03-13-2020 15:29
    I'll try that work around. Thanks

Vince Zeppa

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2020 14:42
    The other option is to put functionality into the script that the agent sees to get the name of the queue to transfer to, then call a Secure Input flow and have that do the transfer (instead of actually doing any secure functionality) and not return the call to the agent.

That involves probably a drop-down list in the script to select the queue, then a button to do the Invoke Secure Flow action and add the correct queue value to the Flow Data Field. In the Secure Flow look up the queue based on its name, then use the Transfer to ACD action to do the transfer and set the skill. You could use one Secure Flow if you have something in the flow to set the proper skill based on the queue chosen...

@Melissa Bailey any other tips?​

Genesys

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

Posted 03-17-2020 12:20
    I got the other method working for now but I'd like to try using the script if it makes it easier for the agent.

-Vince

Vince Zeppa

• 6.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

Posted 03-17-2020 14:58
    Vince,
    This product idea has been accepted, https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-202, but I have no idea on when it might be on the roadmap. 
    Does anyone from Genesys have any information?

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 7.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

GENESYS
    Posted 03-17-2020 16:12
    @Chris Bohlin can probably speak to it.

That idea was accepted by a product manager in 2017, and he left Genesys a couple of years ago.​

Genesys

• 8.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

GENESYS
    Posted 03-17-2020 16:36
    Hey everyone - the idea is on my backlog - but it's not currently prioritized.  Ultimately, what I'm looking at a few different solution options here each of which presents its own little set of intricacies.   

• The first option would be to offer 'transfer to flow' options which would enable an agent to pick a flow to transfer to at which point the flow logic could apply new priority, new skills, call a data action, what-have-you...the complication here is that we likely don't want to expose all scripts to agents and we'd have to work with architect to figure out what to expose, etc. 
    • Option 2 is to add some settings to a queue to A) have 'default skill assignment' so that any interaction that hits the queue would pick up these skills.  While this wouldn't strip the original skills, it could at least add them upon the interaction entering the queue. 
    • The last option would be to add 'transfer skills' to a queue so that every transfer FROM the queue would add or replace the existing skills for an interaction.

To be candid - these are more difficult to implement than they might appear and they are currently lower down in the priorities list, so i can't say when we'll get to them.  For now, I'd recommend we go with the suggestions George laid out and I'll continue to see if I can find ways to slide these into the development list.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 9.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

Posted 03-18-2020 08:26
    Chris,
    Your first option would be best in my opinion. If we could just have an option in the Transfer window in the PureCloud client (browser, Desktop App, and embedded client) that would list the flows, along with the existing Users, External Contacts, and Queues. Go ahead and call it "Flows", something like the image of the Transfer window below.
    Then it would be great if as admins we could give permissions to Users/Roles see or view those particular flows in that transfer window. 
    I've had to build all kinds of silly workarounds to make this kind of thing available to customers.
    Please.
    Transfer to Flows mockup

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

GENESYS
    Posted 03-18-2020 09:04
    Thanks Greg, that's my personal favorite as well but it has some challenges behind it that make it pretty complicated.  I'll continue to investigate how/if we can address this and will add comments back to the idea.

Thanks again!
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 11.  RE: Is it possible to transfer a call back into the queue but with a different skill

Posted 10-21-2021 12:11
    Hi George,

I tried this option of invoking a Secure CallFlow from the script, it indeed works but it is working as a Blind Transfer to the queue. Do you know if it is possible to do a Consult Transfer via this way? 

Thanks,
    Aakanksha

Aakanksha Goyal
    Cooperatieve Rabobank U.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources