Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Cannot delete referenced Schedule Group

Posted 04-16-2020 08:11
    Hello Community members,

Genesys Cloud prevents admin from inadvertently deleting a Schedule Group that is in use by a routing.
    This is good.
    However, the same check is not done in the callflows, so you can end up deleting a scheduling that is used in a callflow without  any warning.
    Moreover, the callflow will now crash when it hits the scheduling check operation.
    This recently happened to one of our customers and they did lose quiet a few calls because of that.

I did open a case with support and the reply was that it has always been working like this (so it's a feature and not a bug...), and that I should open an idea for that. I can do that but as I'm not sure it will get much attention.
    What do you think ?
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Mayeul BRIVET
    CoverApps

• 2.  RE: Cannot delete referenced Schedule Group

Posted 09-12-2020 20:01
    Hi Mayeul,

I think you should create the idea.

Even if you don't get many votes in the beginning this is something that can be improved.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 3.  RE: Cannot delete referenced Schedule Group

Posted 09-12-2020 23:58
    It may also be worth having something in the call flow to allow for that if you think the risk is high enough.   The evaluate schedule/group actions don't have a failure path, but you could do a Data Action check prior to that, purely just to make sure it exists, then only go to the evaluate action if the data action found it.  

It would also be good if there was a failure path added.  I've raised an idea myself for another action that I think needs a failure path option.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Cannot delete referenced Schedule Group

Posted 09-12-2020 23:59
    I guess you could always take that further and use the data action for doing the actual evaluation but that would be quite a bit more complicated to pull out each schedule, hours, days etc.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: Cannot delete referenced Schedule Group

Posted 09-14-2020 06:02
    Thanks Paulo & Vaun for your comment.
    I have open Idea CLINB-I-942 to track the request.

Mayeul Brivet
    CoverApps

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources