Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Will transfering to a phone number follow schedule based routing?

Posted 05-21-2020 15:19
    Hi,

I have a very complex flow that has a decision statement.  If the answer is yes it will transfer the call directly to a flow.  This is causing issues because when transferring to a flow, schedule based routing isn't possible. 

This is causing calls to get misdirected over the weekend when nobody is on the phones.

If I modified this flow to transfer to a phone number that is associated with a route that has scheduled based routing enabled, will this fix the issue by allowing the calls to go to our closed hours flow.  

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Thomas Ivy
    ZenPayroll, Inc., dba Gusto

• 2.  RE: Will transfering to a phone number follow schedule based routing?
    Best Answer

Posted 05-22-2020 00:18
    Hi Thomas,

Yes, but you can also use the Evaluate Schedule and Evaluate Schedule Group steps within a flow. You could modify the destination flow to check a schedule group and/or schedules and then handle closures, holidays, and emergencies differently. You could also add these at the top of In-Queue flows to prevent any transfers to these queues, from agents, business users, or flows, from getting stuck in queue after hours.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 3.  RE: Will transfering to a phone number follow schedule based routing?

Posted 05-22-2020 09:08

Thank you Daniel;

I have started setting this up by modifying the destination flow.  They customers choose the option to go to a certain sales department, then it evaluates the schedule group for that sales department.   

I think this is going to work.  Thanks for your help!!

Thomas Ivy
    ZenPayroll, Inc., dba Gusto

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources