Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

• 1.  Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 06-24-2020 04:19
    Hi guys,

I 'm looking a way in Architect to give he opportunity to the caller  to be recalled if he composes a  specific DTMF during the hold music.
    The use case is the following : The caller waitng in a in-queue call flow, when he composes a specific DMTF (ex : 9), the hold music is stopped and an audio asks the caller on which phone number we can make the callback.
    I was thinking use menu with Hold music like and assign a specific function for each DTMF but we cannot use menu in a In a Architect queue call flow.
    Do you have any hints for me?

thanks
    jeremy

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Jeremy

• 2.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 06-25-2020 02:10
    Hello Jeremy,

I implemented it in my company.

This is how we did : i made a loop in which you play a hold music for 1 min then we placed a collect input with a prompt asking to the customer if he wants to be calledback.

If customer pressed 1 trhough the collect input => Break loop and create callback.
    Else continue loop.

Hope it helps :)

Kind regards,

Tossens Nathan

Nathan Tossens
    AXA Group Operations Belgium

• 3.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 06-25-2020 08:29
    Hi Jeremy

We have done this at our company as well. You need to set up an in-queue call flow and create a callback action. Once you create that action you can have them confirm callback number or collect input to have them enter the callback number (we did the latter as some call us from general office lines). Works great and callers really seem to love the option rather than sitting in queue.

Some info in the help center too. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/callbacks-in-architect/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-callback-data-action/

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 4.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

GENESYS
    Posted 06-25-2020 10:58
    @Jeremy Monzo also, there is no way to set up what you originally described which is a barge-in while the hold music is playing (like a menui allows). You have to specifically stop the hold music and prompt the caller to make a choice (remain on hold, go to voicemail, receive a callback, transfer to a different queue, etc.) as Julie and Nathan describe. ​

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 07-02-2020 08:05
    Hi all

thanks all for your inputs!

I have succeed to implement this feature  in a Queue call flow, I have added a collect input which play Hold music, when the caller push a specific touch, Purecloud retrieves the value and with logical decision i can decide if I create a callback.
    @George Ganahl The hold music in a collect input can be interruptible, it lets the possibility to the caller to be recalled when he wants during the waiting.

Jeremy

​​​

Jeremy

• 6.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

GENESYS
    Posted 07-02-2020 10:49
    That's a way of doing it, since all you are really doing is setting up a menu within the In-Queue Call flow rather than truly playing hold music. Semantcis, but the behavior is a little different.

As long as it all works the way you want, that's the main thing. I presume you set the inter-digit delay and the timeout for starting to enter digits at a fairly long interval?

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-19-2020 10:44
    Great responses above.

We are in the process of migrating from PureConnect to Genesys Cloud. One of the initial challenges is to of course migrate and mirror all the configs from Attendant to Architect. One recent area of struggle has been with Queue Repeat and Callback.

We need to present a series of queue messages and queue music to callers, then repeat the series until the call is answered. One of the messages informs callers that they can press dtmf "one" at any time during their call wait time to initiate a callback. So this use-case is fairly standard. How do you configure architect to listen for exact DTMF digit within a loop? Enabling barge, just moves the caller to the next node in the sequence. We could Collect Input at each node, but that's technically a limited threshold window to allow the caller to enter #1 and not truly anytime. For example: the caller is in the middle of listening to hold music and decides to leave a callback, so they press 1 per the previous queue message instruction.

I like Jeremy's solution above, but I'm not seeing a way to configure a hold music playback duration. For example: play hold music for 90 seconds and then move to the next queue message, then move to 180 seconds of hold music, then play a different queue message, etc, etc., then repeat the whole sequence over and over until the call is answered. 

A very standard use-case. As a BPO it's hard for us to go back to our customer and say, we need to change their existing setup to accommodate our new platform, record new professional queue messages, or acquire new custom interval hold music. This is a wickedly simple task in Attendant, but I cant seem to replicate it the more advanced Architect. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher Kaldenberg
    EMS, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-20-2020 11:06
    Christopher if you change the Play Style of Hold Music to Play for duration that should solve your problem. 

We usually will do a quick EWT check and if the EWT is high enough will then offer call back for a customer.

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 9.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-20-2020 12:04
    That parameter you recommend is for the Hold music node. My example does not use that due to the type of solution we're looking for. This is the Input Audio for a Collect Data node.

Christopher Kaldenberg
    EMS, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-20-2020 12:34
    Hi Chris,

Our call back function does what I think you are looking for. The caller is on hold for 2min then hears message - thank you for holding. Holds for 1 min and then we offer the call back function - We say press 1 but have any # set up so any election at that point will then move them to the call back request. We then have another collect input for them to enter 10 digit phone number and then call back is generated. Is that what you are looking for?​

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 11.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-25-2020 12:22
    Yes that is what we would do, but this would be inside of a loop and the caller needs the ability to press one at anytime during queue messages or music and not only at specific windows of opportunity. Thank you for the feedback.

Christopher Kaldenberg
    EMS, Inc.

• 12.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-20-2020 17:11
    I don't think you can limit the time to play hold music in an expression. You would need to create multiple snippets of the appropriate-length hold music to then assemble an audio sequence in the Collect Input function. For example, 30_sec_hold_music + message_1 + 60_sec_hold_music + message_2 + ...

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 13.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-21-2020 02:30
    Frankensteining the Collect Input function is probably the best way of achieving this I've seen thus far.  Just be aware that depending on how you configure it, they could press any DTMF not necessarily the one you want to trigger the callback request.  So your logic would need to take that into account.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 14.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-21-2020 04:50
    Hi all,

From my point of view, the best way is to use a collect input. Neverthless, with this feature you cannot configure the duration of the hold music, so you have to play with the hold music duration for advance to the next step. With additionals conditions, you can choose the right path according the DTMF entered by the caller.

Jeremy

• 15.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-21-2020 11:19
    If I'm understanding what you are tying to do correctly, I would set this up as 2 in queue flows.  First one plays the initial bits, then when it's time to offer a callback, transfers to a new in queue flow that is just a collect input step with the audio built of your "press 1 to leave a call back" and your hold prompt.  Set for whatever the shortest possible timeout (1 second I believe).  Make your Success path be your callback setup, leave the failure path blank.  If they press any key, they will setup a callback (after your callback, be sure to add a disconnect).  If they don't, MOH will play for the duration of the MOH prompt (about 3 minutes), you'll get 1 second of silence, then you'll again here the "press 1 to leave a callback" and another several minutes of MOH.

You could shorten the time between repeats by creating a cusom MOH of 60 seconds or whatever and then using that instead of the system prompt.

I've attached a screen cap of a very basic version of what I described and another of how I setup the input prompt.

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 16.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-25-2020 12:28
    Great feedback. Yes that is what we would do, but this would be inside of a loop and the caller needs the ability to press one at anytime during queue messages or music and not only at specific windows of opportunity. It can be frankensteined, but it requires procuring custom music that we can chop and would require some elaborate detailed organization. Would be a nightmare to manage for sure as every queue music and queue message would need to be a Collect Input/Decision node. Crazy massive queue flow for a simple feature. Thank you for the feedback.

Christopher Kaldenberg
    EMS, Inc.

• 17.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-25-2020 12:44
    You could do it in a single step, your audio for the Collect Input would just need to contain your multiple user prompts.  For example, if you wanted to rotate 2 messages with 30 seconds of MOH between, your audio for the Collect Input would be:

First Hold Message prompt
    30 Seconds MOH prompt
    Second Hold Message Prompt
    30 seconds MOH prompt

After that audio sequence, you would get 1 second of silence (timeout while waiting for caller input) the your in queue flow would loop back to the top and repeat.  At any point the caller would be able to press any key and leave a callback.

The looping behavior is why I suggested 2 separate in queue flows.  First flow, no callback opportunity, then as soon as you get into the second flow you can press any key any time to leave a callback.

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 18.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-25-2020 12:50
    Great idea with the audio sequence. I will have to try that. This would simplify the logic immensely.  Thanks Mike!

Christopher Kaldenberg
    EMS, Inc.

• 19.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 08-25-2020 12:23
    That is correct. I was trying to find a way around having to procure custom queue music. Thanks for the feedback.

Christopher Kaldenberg
    EMS, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources