Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud)

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

• 1.  Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi guys,

I 'm looking a way in Architect to give he opportunity to the caller  to be recalled if he composes a  specific DTMF during the hold music.
    The use case is the following : The caller waitng in a in-queue call flow, when he composes a specific DMTF (ex : 9), the hold music is stopped and an audio asks the caller on which phone number we can make the callback.
    I was thinking use menu with Hold music like and assign a specific function for each DTMF but we cannot use menu in a In a Architect queue call flow.
    Do you have any hints for me?

thanks
    jeremy

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Jeremy

• 2.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 7 days ago
    Hello Jeremy,

I implemented it in my company.

This is how we did : i made a loop in which you play a hold music for 1 min then we placed a collect input with a prompt asking to the customer if he wants to be calledback.

If customer pressed 1 trhough the collect input => Break loop and create callback.
    Else continue loop.

Hope it helps :)

Kind regards,

Tossens Nathan

Nathan Tossens
    AXA Group Operations Belgium

• 3.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi Jeremy

We have done this at our company as well. You need to set up an in-queue call flow and create a callback action. Once you create that action you can have them confirm callback number or collect input to have them enter the callback number (we did the latter as some call us from general office lines). Works great and callers really seem to love the option rather than sitting in queue.

Some info in the help center too. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/callbacks-in-architect/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-callback-data-action/

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 4.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

GENESYS
    Posted 7 days ago
    @Jeremy Monzo also, there is no way to set up what you originally described which is a barge-in while the hold music is playing (like a menui allows). You have to specifically stop the hold music and prompt the caller to make a choice (remain on hold, go to voicemail, receive a callback, transfer to a different queue, etc.) as Julie and Nathan describe. ​

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

Posted 10 hours ago
    Hi all

thanks all for your inputs!

I have succeed to implement this feature  in a Queue call flow, I have added a collect input which play Hold music, when the caller push a specific touch, Purecloud retrieves the value and with logical decision i can decide if I create a callback.
    @George Ganahl The hold music in a collect input can be interruptible, it lets the possibility to the caller to be recalled when he wants during the waiting.

Jeremy

​​​

Jeremy

• 6.  RE: Propose a callback to the caller during hold music

GENESYS
    Posted 8 hours ago
    That's a way of doing it, since all you are really doing is setting up a menu within the In-Queue Call flow rather than truly playing hold music. Semantcis, but the behavior is a little different.

As long as it all works the way you want, that's the main thing. I presume you set the inter-digit delay and the timeout for starting to enter digits at a fairly long interval?

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys