Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View

How to set permissions on custom sections and fields

• 1.  How to set permissions on custom sections and fields

Posted 07-21-2021 06:06
    Edited by Hichem Agrebi 07-21-2021 06:16
    Hi all,

apparently it was previously possible to set permissions on custom profile sections and fields, and this has been taken out. I only see that we can disable fields.
    The use case is to be able to create custom sections with a custom set of fields and only allow admin users to update the fields on a per agent basis (via cloud UI or API). Agents should be able to see the fields in read only and fine too if they cannot see anything without a specific permission.

When I set fields as disabled, they disappear only after re-login and worse, the admin cannot see or edit the fields neither. Is this how the disable is supposed to work? what's the point of having it other than because it cannot be deleted?
    The admin has Directory>UserProfile>View and Directory>UserProfile>Edit permissions enabled and still cannot see the hidden custom fields. 
    The agent doesn't have any of these permissions and has the same behavior.

Why can't we set basic edit/view permissions on custom sections/fields? Is there a specific reason for genesys to take away such feature?
    I have logged a feature request in case others find this useful to have: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-1244

thanks
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Hichem Agrebi
    hichem.agrebi@cc-expertise.com
    CC-Expertise Ltd
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources