Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Salesforce External Contact Sync integration

Posted 01-06-2022 09:57
    Edited by Joe Keenan 01-06-2022 09:57

Hi All

I am looking to implement external contact sync with Salesforce for one particular location / Department  to our Genesys Cloud instance

The steps in resource center shared below are clear, However our GC instance has multiple locations each of which act independently from each other in terms of sales teams and have their own CRM instances in some cases and existing locations already have uploaded their external contacts via the Bulk upload option

I want to make sure that if I perform the steps below to sync Salesforce External contacts for this one location that:

1) I don't affect the contacts already in place for the existing locations that were updated via Bulk upload
    2) The other locations are free to set up their own CRM / Salesforce External Contact Sync integration instances independently in future if they choose to

Has anyone come across a similar situation before or have any ideas please?

Thank you 

Joe

References:
    About the Salesforce External Contact Sync integration - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)
    The Salesforce External Contact Sync integration overview - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

​​
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Joe keenan
    Zimmer, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Salesforce External Contact Sync integration

Posted 01-27-2022 22:21
    Never ran into this, but on first pass, I know that the Integration for Sync only allows one credential, so if you are looking to sync to one instance - that is where the control is for what gets sync.  The documentation seems to imply that you can setup multiple integrations to different instances, so that is what you should try and see if that allow for both instances to sync to Genesys Cloud.  Rember, this is a one-way sync (kind of an oxymoron if you ask me), but it will only take information FROM Salesforce and create contact in Genesys Cloud.  It will not take any contacts in Genesys Cloud that were not synced and update Salesforce.  

Didn't really give you a good answer, but at least it gives you options.  In my opinion, it should not affect any contacts you created or uploaded in Genesys Cloud directly.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources