Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

• 1.  Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-10-2021 14:50
    Hello,

I can't find any detail about enabling the out of the box topics, besides this page: Out-of-the-box topics - Genesys Cloud Resource Center
    I assume there should be a request we can initiate in the Developer API to invoke /api/v2/speechandtextanalytics/programs/general/jobs however, it's not there.

Thanks!

Will 

#tooscaredtoaskonthedeveloperforums

#QualityManagement
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 2.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-10-2021 22:44
    Just looking at the same thing. It appears that the features have been enabled in the UI but the underlying APIs are not currently included in the Developer collections.

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 3.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-11-2021 16:05
    @Rakesh Tailor

Any ideas?

It seems I'm also having trouble triggering ANY of the phrases - zero success with any of the features released.

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 4.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

GENESYS
    Posted 02-11-2021 17:59
    Hey Everyone,

The APIs are Public, but the auto-generated API docs have not yet been updated.  The docs usually lag deployment by a few days.

I can copy some details here to help get you started:

Thanks,

Rakesh Tailor
    Director, Product Management - Workforce Engagement
    Genesys Cloud

• 5.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-15-2021 16:09
    Edited by Will Bellerby 02-15-2021 16:09
    Still waiting on Developer to be updated...

I did however find that the topics work nicely once you set the default programme using the PATCH Patch Speech And Text Analytics Settings.
    The UI doesn't have this feature yet. 

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 6.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-15-2021 16:39
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 02-15-2021 16:54
    Hey Will, just starting to look at this myself ahead of the on-prem go live.  I can see the option to set the default program in my UI here.

I haven't created and published a program yet but I'm guessing I'd be able to select it there.  Is this missing from the org you're looking at?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-15-2021 17:09
    Yeah it said something like "this feature is not available" until I manually added one via Developer. 
    I had programs published etc.

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 8.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-17-2021 16:47
    Hi @Rakesh Tailor

Can we see the JSON​ page from your screenshot above?
    We still don't have access via Developer

Thanks​

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 9.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-22-2021 14:07
    Anyone have luck getting the OOB Topics to populate? I don't see anything in the UI or API about enabling them? 
    Also thanks @Vaun McCarthy for "default" setting tip. Once I set that it worked great!​

Chris Dalziel
    Maximus, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-22-2021 14:32
    All good Chris, that was mostly Will's input :)

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 11.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2021 14:20
    Edited by Rakesh Tailor 02-23-2021 14:21
    We are in the process of getting the latest Developer docs published.  The API team is planning on pushing an update this week.  Likely tomorrow (Wednesday).

Thanks,

Rakesh Tailor
    Director, Product Management - Workforce Engagement
    Genesys Cloud

• 12.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-23-2021 16:26

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 13.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-23-2021 18:35
    Thanks Will, I was thinking of doing the same in Postman etc.

I notice you've gone with the en-GB dialect instead of en-AU.  Have you hit problems with AU?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 14.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-23-2021 20:39
    We actually went with both in the end, but we tend to use the GB TTS/language for demos with customers in NZ and use the AU for customers over on the West Islands. 

With this transcription, it's important that your in-queue flow is set to the same language you want to transcribe/detect topics etc., otherwise it won't pick it up (even if prior languages were correct).
    Also, add the Transcription action at the top of your callflows if you have calls that don't end up in a queue (bots etc.) 
    Tips for young players :)

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 15.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-24-2021 01:45
    Thanks Will, dumb question - but from a language perspective are you then going with en-GB all the way through including setting that on your trunks?  I note you say for demos but what about actual deployments?  Do you see much improvement here in NZ using GB vs AU in general?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 16.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-24-2021 14:48
    We don't advise anyone to use TTS for production where possible, but yeah GB or AU is what we would use as the baseline.
    I spent a lot of yesterday over-writing system prompts with the voice talent for EWT messaging and numbers etc., unless we're doing a bot then we don't see TTS as an option. 

The Amazon Polly TTS engine would be our suggestion if you were going to go down that road, it's a bit more palatable than the OOTB Genesys TTS. 

I'm also keen to see what you guys find with the transcription languages in terms of recognition success too.

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 17.  RE: Enabling Out-of-the-box Topics (New Transcription Feature)

Posted 02-24-2021 18:25
    Thanks Will

I'm actually finding it fairly inconsistent.  That being said we're doing this with on-prem which is obviously "new".  For the first few days there were issues in the transcripts even getting up and available - I had a case open for that which took a few days to get resolved.

Now I find the actual recognition can be very poor, even after tweaking some of the confidence levels.  I did seem to see some improvement after loading the out of the box topics etc but then a few hours later it went back to being pretty poor again.  Listening to the recordings myself I can make out quite clearly some of the words but the transcription engine obviously doesn't.  At the moment most of the calls I look at I'm getting maybe one word per conversation sentence spoken by customer or agent.  

There is an idea in the ideas portal to give us the ability to train the transcription by clicking on incorrect words in the transcript and editing them to be correct.  Sounds nice and it would be great but I wonder how much improvement that would give overall.  It's also missing the ability to search/report sentiment/transcript content overall rather than just within individual interactions which is where most of the real business benefit would come from.

At the moment I've just been sticking with en-AU for trunk/flow language and dialect because I have my doubts that many other dialects or language options would really help with our multicultural/multilingual customer contact base here :) 

Agree with your comment re Amazon Polly etc.  May also be worth looking at third party transcription integration although it would obviously be better if the included one did the trick :)

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources