Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Increase the alert time for auto answer

Posted 08-03-2020 12:51
    We recently enabled auto-answer for most of our customer service agents. Some of them complain it doesn't ring anymore; they hear one quick tone, and they are connected to the caller. Is there a way to increase the alert time for auto-answer? In addition, the tone is not very loud. If the agent is distracted, they can be connected to call without realizing it.
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Stuart Gormley
    Agilon Health
    VoIP System Administrator

• 2.  RE: Increase the alert time for auto answer

Posted 08-04-2020 09:18
    Great question.  This is a common challenge. There isn't a way to increase the alert time.   https://developer.mypurecloud.com/forum/t/no-ringing-state-for-the-agent-with-auto-answer-enabled/564If this call center does not primarily handle inbound calls and they multitask doing other responsibilities/projects, then I recommend switching to manual answer whereby you can change the amount of alerting time.  Generally 4-5 seconds of alert = 1 one ring.  I've had many customers use 20+ seconds of alert to grab their agent's attention (setting is in QUEUES in ADMIN).  The trade off is that if they miss the alert, they essentially go off-queue in a "not-responding" mode and have to put themselves back on queue.  So for manual or auto-answer there are training issues. People can be conditioned to thrive in either the manual or auto answer environment, however you also want to make it easy for them to thrive.
    From my experience, auto-answer is best for a full time agent taking 60+ calls a day who is 75%+ on calls/interactions over the day.  When you drop below these numbers, it's worth considering manual answer.

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 3.  RE: Increase the alert time for auto answer

Posted 08-04-2020 14:32
    Our agents are also set up for auto-answer. To help with the notifications, I've configured custom whisper prompts for the inbound queues that are louder/longer and provide more an alert to the agent.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Group, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Increase the alert time for auto answer

Posted 08-07-2020 19:06
    Thanks for the tip, Emily. I will probably use this in some instances, but many representatives don't want to keep their headsets on all-day. I do not think whisper audio can set up as an alert.

What I have found is, if you have auto-answer enabled but and persistent connections are disabled, as Genesys reestablishes the link to the agent's console, it will play a half-ring before playing the tone alert and connecting the call. I think this is a glitch, but it's one that many agents like. The problem is, with everyone working from home, many agents have poor internet connections. If I don't enable the persistent connection option, we get more "Not Responding" errors. If I enable persistent connections, the pre-ring goes away, and agents complain.

If I use Whisper audio, that will help, but then agents complain about needing to keep their headsets on all the time.

It would be much better if enabling auto-answer didn't disable the interaction alerts.

Stuart Gormley
    Agilon Health
    VoIP System Administrator

• 5.  RE: Increase the alert time for auto answer

Posted 08-09-2020 15:09
      |   view attached
    Hi Stuart,
    We ran into the such problems with the Auto Answer. We enabled the Chrome Browser notifications to allow additional notification on Browser if Agents are not paying attention to the ringing sound or navigated away from Cloud page.

Satish Pallapotu
    Franklin Templeton Companies, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources