Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

Posted 04-07-2021 15:03
    Hello All,

We would like to route the internal transferred calls to Agents based on ACD SKill Level. We do not see any option to achieve that. As ACD Skill consideration can only controlled when call passes through Architect flow and For internal call transfer to Queue we do not have any option. We would need for Voice calls.

Appreciate any help or suggestion. Changing ACD Skill and Queues to agent are very much changing process generally managed by Call center supervisors.

Thanks,
    Rajnish
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Rajnish Roy
    Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc

• 2.  RE: Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

GENESYS
    Posted 04-08-2021 08:00
    Hello Rajnish - hope all is well.

As you pointed out - there is no way to assign skills to an interaction during transfer, you can either carry the skill attached to the interaction from the flow, or strip the skills and transfer to another queue.  How would you envision adding skills to the interaction?  Would the skills be set as a default on the destination queue?  Would the agent choose?

There are a couple workarounds I can suggest, especially for calls:  1) create a dummy 'transfer queue', have agents transfer calls to that queue and immediately have an in-queue flow pick-up the interaction and apply a new skill to it and then either push it back to the original queue or to another queue.  (Note if it comes back to the same queue it could inflate some analytics counts (offered, handled, etc.).  2) transfer calls to an external contact that is actually a DID number setup inside Genesys Cloud.  From there, the number can point back to a flow and you can apply whatever additional logic you want there.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 3.  RE: Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

Posted 04-08-2021 08:45
    Thanks a lot Chris for finding some time and suggesting ideas!!! 

Few question around some of your comments:-

Create Dummy Queue and have agents transfer the Voice call to Dummy Queue and Map an in-queue flow for Skill manipulation or assignment.
    If Agent Transfer the Voice call to DUmmy Queue, How do i find the Destination SKill where they wanted to transfer? Followed by Attaching the Skill while transfer to ACD. Please help me with Way to find out destination SKill. Is it Agent Attaching SKill through Script or any other way? 

Thanks,
    Rajnish

Rajnish Roy
    Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc

• 4.  RE: Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

GENESYS
    Posted 04-09-2021 08:31
    I am no flow designer, Rajnish so this might be a better question to post in the Developer Community or just as a separate post here in the Community!  A couple of options come to mind:  
    1) Create a transfer queue and in queue flow per skill you need to assign.  (This seems like too much overhead - but it would work!)
    2) Use the in-queue flow to perform some type of data table look-up where, with some applied logic, you can figure out which skill to apply to the transfer to ACD step dynamically.  (I think you'd need to use an expression to do this - but I cannot tell you how as I don't know myself!)

That's all I can think of off the cuff but I think if you can find some help with #2 and figure out the logic you need - this could be a decent solution.​

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 5.  RE: Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

Posted 07-29-2022 23:33
    Hi Chris,

do you have any more information on how this would work?

My understanding is that an In Queue flow can only be triggered from Architect. If an Agent transfers the call to a queue, does it still trigger the script?

Regards

Francis.

Francis Hoang
    TeleApps Services Pty Ltd

• 6.  RE: Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

Posted 08-01-2022 08:13
    Francis,

In the Queue Administration screen under the Voice tab, you can assign an in-queue flow.  This flow would then be used for all transfers from agents into this queue.  

Jason Tripp
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

Posted 08-02-2022 01:46
    Thanks JT.

Perfect this is what I require.

One small thing, I haven't tested with Voice as this is for emails. This works except for when an Agent is Available at the time of transfer.

1. Agent1 Transfers email to Queue A with Skill A
    2. Agent2 Available for Queue A but has Skill B
    3. Agent2 gets email - incorrect.

However, it works fine when;

1. Agent1 Transfers email to Queue A with Skill A
    2. No Agents Available for Queue A with Skill A
    3. Agent2 becomes Available for Queue A but has Skill B. Email not delivered - Correct.
    4. Agent3 becomes Available for Queue A and has Skill A. Email delivered - Correct.

So it seems that it works fine when the interaction has a chance to queue after the transfer, otherwise it just ignores the skill requirement.

Anyone happen to know what's up with this little quirk in the routing?

btw - I set participant data to see if the in-queue flow is run correctly, and in all cases I can see that it is run.

Regards.

Francis.

Francis Hoang
    TeleApps Services Pty Ltd

• 8.  RE: Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

Posted 08-02-2022 01:53
    Edited by Francis Hoang 08-02-2022 01:58

• 9.  RE: Ability to route calls based on ACD Skill Level for Internal Transferred calls.

Posted 08-02-2022 01:57
    Edited by Francis Hoang 08-02-2022 01:58

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources