Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

Posted 03-31-2021 18:11
    We have been having some issues with Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (managed) in our salesforce environment.  We have version 3.13.  How can I tell if this is the newest version or if I need to upgrade the installed package?  Thanks!
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Trisha Roskom
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2021 10:29
    Hey Trisha,

Here are the instructions that I have been providing for finding your Genesys Cloud version: 

1) Sign into the application and then to to the "help" button in the bottom left corner of the screen
    2) From there, click on the three dots. The next screen will show your current version:

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Genesys Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

Posted 04-05-2021 10:39
      |   view attached
    Thanks, Matt!  How can I tell if my version (3.13) is the latest version of the PureCloud for salesforce widget?

Trisha Roskom
    Koch Business Solutions

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2021 13:36
    Hey Trisha,

Someone sent me this photo as a reference point for how to find the information.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Genesys Community Manager

• 5.  RE: Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2021 13:42
    Trisha,

Salesforce doesn't provide us with a mechanism to highlight that there is a new version of a managed package available. To determine if there's a newer version of the package available, compare the installed version under "Setup->Installed packages" to the currently released version in the AppExchange listing: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000pvMdEAI .  The current version is v4.0.

Additionally, it's worth noting that we release new versions of the managed package to either add a new configuration option within the call center or to update our managed code for API integrations back in to the genesys cloud platform (i.e. email routing, campaign management, or the SDK).  If you're not specifically looking for these new features/configuration options or updates to the managed code, then there's no need to update the managed package.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

Posted 04-05-2021 15:45
    Thanks, Richard.  Are there release notes I can go over to see what has changed between v3.13 and 4.0?  Thanks!

Trisha Roskom
    Koch Business Solutions

• 7.  RE: Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2021 16:02

Release notes for the whole integration can be found here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/release-notes-genesys-cloud-salesforce/

Unfortunately, it does not differentiate between client changes and managed package changes, so there is a little "reading between the lines" that needs to be done using the criteria I laid out above.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

Posted 04-05-2021 16:09
    Sounds good, Richard.  Thanks for the info.  If we do upgrade to 4.0, do we just have to click the "get it now" button from the appexchange?  Or are there any other steps we need to take?

Trisha Roskom
    Koch Business Solutions

• 9.  RE: Latest Version of Genesys Cloud for Salesforce (Managed)

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2021 18:30
    That's it.  Just follow the steps for a new install (click "get it now", select sandbox or prod, pick your profiles, etc.).  Once it completes you should have all the updated configuration options available in your call centers, with the configurations defaulting to off/no change.  You can configure from there.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources