Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

• 1.  Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

Posted 05-12-2020 08:04
    Hello,

We are currently building a (preview) outbound contact center when the campagin starts agent receive an interaction and a script.
    In some cases the agent needs to (warm) transfer the call towards an expert, there are 25 expertgroups so I would like to automate this a bit.

My idea is to create a dropdownlist with all the expertgroups so that the agent can select which group he or she wants to use. Behind the dropdownlist is the (warm) transferbutton that initiates the transfer towards a fake DID number that ends up at an Architect flow.

The Architect flow has a Transfer to ACD task and pushes the call towards one expert Queue where all the experts are located and selects them based on their skills.

Now I have the whole principle working except passing the skill variable from Scripter to Architect, is this possible and if yes how can this be done?

Thanks and Regards,
    Rob

#Integrations
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Rob Mulder
    DDM Consulting Nederland B.V.

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2020 09:11
    See the Q&A Show video Episode 5 for an example of using a drop-down in a script setting a variable coupled with a Secure Call Flow which does the transfer to another queue based upon what was selected in the drop-down. The example is used to set a skill, but the principle is the same.

At about the 28:00 mark in the video.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

Posted 05-12-2020 10:01
    Hello George,

Thanks for your reply, I did watch your Q&A show and it was the inspiration for my solution :)
    But... I cannot use the invocation data variable -->  The variable reference 'Flow.InvocationData' at position 10 is not valid.

Is there another way to do this?

Rob Mulder

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2020 10:17
    How are you trying to use the Flow.InvocationData variable?

Genesys

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

Posted 05-12-2020 10:27
    Is there another way to pass data from Scripter to Architect ? I've searched through the documentation but couldn't find the way to do this.

Rob Mulder

• 6.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2020 10:31
    Not that I know of.

@Melissa Bailey ?​

Genesys

• 7.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2020 11:46
    If a scripter variable is marked as output, it gets written onto participant data.  Architect could use the Get Participant Data action to read it.  However, there's 2 ways that can fail.  1) There can a small window of time between when scripter writes the data and it's actually able to be read.  If Architect tries to fetch it during that window, it would not get the value.  2) Both Scripter and Architect have rules on which participants they read and write data onto.  Depending on what participants the conversation has, which one(s) already have participant data, and which order the participants are listed, Architect might not find the data set by Scripter.  I can't say how likely or frequent these issues would occur, but they are possible.

Flow invocation data doesn't have either of these problems b/c it's passed as part of the transfer.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

Posted 05-13-2020 03:57
    Hello Melissa,

Thank you for replying, I have tried to get this to work but I miss something I guess.
    The variable (acdSkill2) in Scripter is set to Output so that should be attached to the conversation correct ?
    In Architect I used a Get Participant Data block, but I'm not quite sure how to use this should I just type the variable (acdSkill2) here or should it be available in the dropdown list?
    Assume that I get the participant data do I need to put it into another block like Find Skill or so, to be able to use it in the Transfer To ACD block?

So at the moment it doesn't work, so I made a testcall and looked for the conversation ID and tracked that conversation in the Developer API, if the variable (acdSkill2) is set to Output shouldn't it be available in the conversation data visible in the Developer API ?

Lots of questions.. sorry
    Regards,
    Rob

Rob Mulder

• 9.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 05-13-2020 13:48
    The variable (acdSkill2) in Scripter is set to Output so that should be attached to the conversation correct ?
    It's put on one of the conversation's participants in the attributes section.  Like I said, there are multiple rules controlling which participant it is added on.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/script-input-output-variables/

In Architect I used a Get Participant Data block, but I'm not quite sure how to use this should I just type the variable (acdSkill2) here or should it be available in the dropdown list?
    Put the name of the participant data, in this case "acdSkill2" in the attribute name field.  Be careful, this field is case-sensitive.  Type a name for the Architect variable in which to store the value in the Value to Assign field.  For example, call it Task.skillNameString.  
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/get-participant-data-action/

Assume that I get the participant data do I need to put it into another block like Find Skill or so, to be able to use it in the Transfer To ACD block?
    Yes you need to use the Find Skill action to convert from a string value to an actual skill object.  Make sure to consider the failure path; what do you want to do if the Get Participant Action didn't find the attribute, or if the Find Skill didn't find a matching skill?

So at the moment it doesn't work, so I made a testcall and looked for the conversation ID and tracked that conversation in the Developer API, if the variable (acdSkill2) is set to Output shouldn't it be available in the conversation data visible in the Developer API ?
    It will be in the attributes section of one of the participants of the conversation.  Check all the participants.  Make sure you are using the v2/conversations endpoint, not v2/analytics/conversations.  The agent's participant will need to be ended before you can see the output value.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

Posted 05-19-2020 11:19
    Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the input, the customer has other demands at the moment so I have to postpone my testing on this one.
    When they come back at it I will surely check this out.

Would be nice if data passing between Scripter and Architect was more easy to do for all kinds of interactions (not only secure flows).
    e.g. Define the variables at a global level and use them both in Scripter and in Architect that way it's more transparant.

Regards,
    Rob

Rob Mulder

• 11.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

Posted 05-14-2020 04:02

Hi Rob,

Have you looked at the user to user information (UUI) ? 

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/enable-the-user-to-user-information-settings/

• you can write to this data variable through script (enable uui in the script property)
    • retrieve it in Architect to build a logic according to the value passed
    • Just need to enable dynamic UUI on your external trunks, to allow the access to this variable

Cheers,

Jean-Christophe

Jean-Christophe Poyelle
    Foehn Ltd.

• 12.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 05-14-2020 09:12
    @Jean-Christophe Poyelle have you tested that, by chance? If the call is being transferred by an internal agent to a DID on the org, I don't think it actually touches the External Trunk again to pick up that UUI data...but I haven't tried it to see.

@Melissa Bailey do you happen to know?​​​

Genesys

• 13.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

Posted 05-15-2020 14:23
    Hi ​@George Ganahl,

I have mainly played with UUI on inbound calls (It was at the time a way to pass data from one flow to another).
    And for outbound calls to pass info to another telephony device through external trunk.

Anyway I have just run two test:
    outbound interaction from queue:
    1. new interaction / outbound call on behalf of a queue
    2. queue has an associated default script.
    3. use a script action to specifically populate the UUI data
    4. transfer the connected call to an Architect flow (I used a script action and transferred to fake DID)
    5. in the receiving Inbound flow, the Call.UUIdata contains the value populated through the script
    for inbound call from external
    1. Specifically set Call.UUIdata for transfer
    2. transfer to queue with a script pop
    3. agent can read the value of the UUI data, and change through script
    4. call transferred through script action to a architect flow (using a fake DID)
    5. architect flow can read the call.uuidata

I didn't test with a preview campaign.
    I didn't use secure flows

Hope this helps
    Thanks,

Jean-Christophe

Jean-Christophe Poyelle
    Foehn Ltd.

• 14.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 05-15-2020 16:19
    Excellent! That's really good to know. Thank you for testing and sending the results!

Genesys

• 15.  RE: Is it possible to use variables from Scripter to Architect

Posted 05-19-2020 11:15
    Hi Jean-Christophe,

Thanks for the input, the customer has other demands at the moment so I have to postpone my testing on this one.
    When they come back at it I will surely check this out.

Regards,
    Rob

Rob Mulder

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources