Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Keep Email in the Inbound Email flow for more than a day

Posted 10-21-2020 09:13
    Hi Community,

For one of our customers, we have a requirement to retain the email in the architect flow itself if it has arrived on a weekend and only transfer it to the queue on a weekday.
    (Reason behind this is quite complicated, a lot of customizations on our own Purecloud API based EMail client)

Now we would like to use the 'Wait' block in the Inbound Email flow to achieve this, but the 'Wait Action' description on the resource center says-

"For inbound email, survey, and message flows, this action disconnects after 24 hours and then goes into error handling."

If an email has arrived on a Saturday, we would need to keep it in the flow for more than 24 hours, but not sure how this can be achieved.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #DigitalChannels
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Aakanksha Goyal
    Cloudoe BV

• 2.  RE: Keep Email in the Inbound Email flow for more than a day

GENESYS
    Posted 10-21-2020 10:30
    Actually, it was increased to 24 hours from the original 3 hours to allow more time for what you describe...just not long enough to cover the whole weekend.

You might want to vote for https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-252

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Keep Email in the Inbound Email flow for more than a day

Posted 10-21-2020 11:26
    Thank you for your reply George!

I was wondering in the meantime can we achieve this via any workarounds?

for instance, I thought, that if I could transfer an email to another flow and use another 'Wait action' in this second flow to prolong this duration, but then I saw that we don't have the 'Transfer to Flow' action in the Email flows.

Do you know if I can use something else like this to achieve this functionality?

Aakanksha Goyal
    Cloudoe BV

• 4.  RE: Keep Email in the Inbound Email flow for more than a day

GENESYS
    Posted 10-21-2020 11:42
    Nothing that I am aware of, unfortunately.

Hopefully someone else has figured out a workaround and can help out.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Keep Email in the Inbound Email flow for more than a day

Posted 10-22-2020 14:20
    I just set up an email flow that applies some filtering logic to decide if it needs an agent or can disconnect, then evaluates a  schedule group, if open, routes to queue, if not, waits and hour, then loops through the filter and applies the same logic.  I've tested the looping behavior using 1 minutes instead of 1 hour and find it works as expected, either queuing or disconnecting based on my filter and schedule parameters.  Haven't test over a 24 hour period though.

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources