Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Contact List API

Posted 10-18-2021 15:40

Hello Community,

Does anyone know how long it takes Genesys to create the csv file for a contact list with 50 columns and 450,000 records using the "POST initiate the export" of the contact list API? How long before you can use the API "GET the URI of a contact list" export and then get the .csv file? 

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Outbound
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Bryan De La Cruz

• 2.  RE: Contact List API

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2021 10:39
    I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you an exact timeframe for how long the export might take.  You should issue the POST request to start the gears turning on the export job and then sit in a loop calling the GET endpoint.  If you get a 200 OK then you know that the export is available for download via the URI returned, if you get another return code (probably a 404) then you can sleep/delay for 30-60 seconds and try the request again in the loop.  I would not call the GET endpoint repeated in a tight loop or you will run up against API quote limits and fair usage policies, so make your delay long enough to not hammer the system, but short enough that you don't get impatient waiting.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources