Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Remove the default greeting ''Please stay on the line while we connect you to..."

Posted 08-06-2018 10:14
    Hi,

When we call a direct contact of Purecloud over his DID, we hear this message (Please stay on the Line while we connect you to ''Personne name") then it rings

Can we remove this announcement, so when we call a Purecloud user from outside we should only hear the ringback

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: Remove the default greeting ''Please stay on the line while we connect you to..."

Posted 08-07-2018 04:59
    Hello,

The default greeting is basically used for fax detection in PureCloud. You can disable the greeting by removing the Permissions for "One Number Fax" from a specific user, or from the Roles which have this permission (I think Telephony admin, Master Admin).

------------------------------
    Steven Deferme
    Quant ICT

• 3.  RE: Remove the default greeting ''Please stay on the line while we connect you to..."

Posted 08-07-2018 08:23
    Thank you Steven, yes correct, it works fine now

I remove Fax permission from Master Admin and 'Routing' roles then it works, we didn't have the default announcement

Thank you again and have a good day

• 4.  RE: Remove the default greeting ''Please stay on the line while we connect you to..."

Posted 11-11-2020 07:13
    Hi Steven,

is there a way to change the defualt greeting, because our customer wants to use one number fax feature as well but the announcement (German TTS voice) is not really usefull for this customer. Additional I figured out another issue with this announcement. For my user in customer organization and also for other users we have the problem that the announcement sounds like: "Please stay on the line while we connect you to participant." The german voice is not telling the name of person but "Ihr Teilnehmer" in German, which is "participant" in English, I assume. Why the persons name is not spoken correctly?
    Cheers,
    Tobias

Tobias Junghans
    NTT Germany AG & Co. KG

• 5.  RE: Remove the default greeting ''Please stay on the line while we connect you to..."

Posted 12-02-2021 19:45

Hi There,

After disabling the Permissions for "One Number Fax" from the roles, we didn't get the default greetings for the DID calls.

Whereas, when the user presence status is busy or any other status (not for available) it says "voicemail is not available for <name of the user> "

we don't want the name of the user to be played to the caller.

how do we disable this busy greeting system-wide?

Any options to disable Voicemail functionality from the org?

Thanks

Prem

• 6.  RE: Remove the default greeting ''Please stay on the line while we connect you to..."

Posted 12-03-2021 02:40
    Hi Prem,

you can disable Voicemail with Voicemail > Voicemail > Receive permission.
    But if you don't want to be prompted the name of the user, you can also delete the name of the user voicemail. How you can find in the Voicemail menu.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-voicemail-options/

BR,
    Tobias

Tobias Junghans
    NTT Germany AG & Co. KG

• 7.  RE: Remove the default greeting ''Please stay on the line while we connect you to..."

Posted 12-03-2021 05:55

Thanks, Tobias.

yes, we have already disabled the voicemail for the agents and disabled the Permissions for "One Number Fax" from the roles so that default inbound greetings are not played for the DID calls.

Also, we don't want default greetings to be played to the caller when the DID is busy or not answered.
    Currently, when the extns is not answered it plays "voicemail is not available for <name of the user> " It plays the name of the agent which is causing privacy concerns.

I would like to know how to disable this busy/not answered greeting globally?

Note: Another option I have was to activate the voicemail and then ask the agent to record the name as "user"  (it will play busy/no answer greeting as voicemail is not available for the user) and then disable the VM. 150+ agents have to do the same steps which are not preferred.

Prem

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources