Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call Parking

Posted 02-03-2020 11:28
    I have been asked to look into implementing Call Parking for out organization. Been looking for documentation for this and have not been able to locate any. Asked Customer Care about it and they are not familiar with Call Parking.

Please help me find the documentation.

Thanks
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC
    PureCloud Go Live: 7/2019

• 2.  RE: Call Parking

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2020 11:31
    if you mean "parking" a call on a "line" and allowing someone to pick up that call from any phone by dialing a code, that feature does not exist in Genesys Cloud.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Call Parking

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2020 11:33
    There is an Idea you can vote for: https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLCOLL-I-326

Genesys

• 4.  RE: Call Parking

Posted 02-03-2020 12:44
    Yes George, that is the feature our sales team is looking for. When I searched the community I found several references to this. Are they referencing a feature in other Genesys products? Please help me understand so I may explain to them.

Thanks George! ​

Ben Marthin

• 5.  RE: Call Parking

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2020 13:30
    The Orbit Queue feature in PureConnect is the equivalent (Call Park in PureConnect is something completely different). I don't know if Genesys Engage has the feature, since that would usually reside on the PBX.

Genesys

• 6.  RE: Call Parking

Posted 02-03-2020 14:28
    Thanks for taking the time to look this up for me George, I truly apricate it.​

Ben Marthin

• 7.  RE: Call Parking

GENESYS
    Posted 02-04-2020 10:20
    Ben,

If you have some developers on staff or could hire a developer, then it would be possible to develop something similar to call parking.  To get this to work it would require you to create a "Parking" queue that has NO members.  The Parking queue is where calls will sit while they are parked.  To park a call and agent would simply need to transfer the call to the parking queue. 

You would then need to develop a custom client application that would allow you to view the calls that are currently "parked" in the queue and an agent could choose to retrieve a specific call from the queue and assign it to themselves, this is sometimes called cherry picking.

There are several details that you would need to work through, such as should agents only see "their" parked calls or all parked calls, how will this affect reporting, etc.  But from a technical perspective the approach above will work and you could use it until PureCloud natively supports call parking.

If you are interested I could send you a link to some sample code for a custom client application that implements cherry picking.  The sample works for emails today, but could easily be adapted for voice calls.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 8.  RE: Call Parking

Posted 10-16-2020 10:36
    Hi Jim, 

I am very interested in your work around listed here, any chance you would be available to discuss this more? This feature is something that is critical to our workflows.

-Brock

Brock Morris
    Allegro Pediatrics

• 9.  RE: Call Parking

Posted 10-16-2020 10:52

Hi Brock,

We never pursued this workaround, we are waiting for Genesys to add it.

Ben

Ben Marthin

System Administrator/Analyst

P.812.265.9593

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources