Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 11-17-2020 16:38

Hello,

After the initial generation of a forecast and schedule, it appears that any changes made to the forecast aren't reflected in the schedule forecast details view. 

I had a bit of a dig around using the Developer tool and noticed that the schedule only refers to the first version of the forecast. 

Is this a bug, or is there a workaround?

The obvious issue is that forecasts can change once the schedule has been published (i.e. 5 weeks out), arguably a forecaster should be updating the forecast right up until the day, even on the day. If the scheduler can't see the updated forecast values then there's a big disconnect and this creates massive issues in scheduling the right people at the right times. 

Cheers

#QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 2.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 11-17-2020 18:02
    Hi Will

I wonder if this is the scenario/reason where we'd need to use the reschedule option icon within the schedule.  So if a forecaster/WFM admin has updated something which impacts on the forecast (not entirely sure what - maybe planning group/service level config?) perhaps they need to also be going into the schedule and do a reschedule update t pick up those changes.

My concern with this type of thing is what type of notice agents would get around shift changes due to a forecast or other change.  If someone's constantly checking and updating the forecast up to the minute, then I wonder if there's a risk someone would come into work only to find out their shift was rescheduled overnight?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 11-17-2020 18:12
    Thanks Vaun,

The problem with rescheduling is that all the non-automated work rule activities which are manually added in would need to be redone. 
    You'd have to take a copy of the schedules before rescheduling to copy from etc., which is very time-consuming.

You could also generate a new schedule using the same forecast (which does pick up the updated forecast data), the above scenario (and yours) still applies though.

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 4.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 11-18-2020 06:40
    We've done some testing with this feature as our forecast is changed daily. We also need to maintain manual changes as we have plenty. The reschedule option did bring in the modified forecast, which was our goal, and was visible by impacting the number of agents required. What we found that if we didn't have any flexibility in our workplans, just some breaks/lunches were moved. For more radical schedule changes you need to setup workplans with flexible start/end and a wider range for hours per day/week.

Greg Barrett
    Outdoor Network, LLC

• 5.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

GENESYS
    Posted 11-18-2020 07:06

> "The problem with rescheduling is that all the non-automated work rule activities which are manually added in would need to be redone."
    This is not true if you select the Do not reschedule manually modified shifts check box.

You can also constrain intraday rescheduling to really do no changes to the schedule by deselecting all activities, choosing options that do not modify certain aspects (e.g., manually modified, daily paid time, etc.).

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/initiate-an-intraday-reschedule/

It is very intentional that the schedule doesn't reflect any changes in the forecast unless an intraday reschedule is done.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 6.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 11-18-2020 22:42

Perhaps an option in the actions menu to "reload forecast" could be added?

In this way only the forecast is changed, the schedule remains the same until you actively reschedule...

Andrew Doller
    Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Australia Pty Ltd

• 7.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 11-22-2020 14:05
    I'm with Andrew on this one, what if for whatever reason I can't reschedule my agents but I need to see the updated forecast?

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 8.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 11-22-2020 14:15
    @Jay Langsford https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLWFO-I-442 ​

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 9.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 10-19-2023 13:27

When generating a reschedule, you can choose which activity codes to reschedule.  At minimum you have to have 1 activity code selected; I went with "On Queue" and I checked every box for "do not reschedule..weekly paid, daily paid, shift start, manually modified shifts." This allowed me to see my forecast changes at the bottom but not reschedule any of my agents. 

Shelby Cronk
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 10.  RE: WFM schedules and updated forecasts

Posted 11-28-2023 11:05

We know with a manual modification to the original forecast and a re-schedule we can get the updated forecast to show on the schedules. However, is this possible to be done systematically (not through manual intervention)? We have not found a way to reforecast this same period and associate the new forecast with a re-schedule in the current schedules.  Use Case: We are going live in 2 weeks and are generating schedules for 6 weeks off imported 30 minute interval data initially. We would hope that the system learns throughout that 6 weeks and forecasting improves as time goes on as we move to 15minute intervals. We can NOT change agent schedules throughout that 6 weeks so regenerating schedules off the new forecast is also not an option. The idea mentioned above of reloading the forecast as an option within the schedules would be great.

Angela Tucker
    Atmos Energy Corp

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources