Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to do 3 call attempts per customer using Preview mode

Posted 11-19-2020 20:25
    We haven't used outbound much, but I have a question about best practices for an outbound campaign running in Preview mode (because our agents need to consult the customer interactions before initiating the contact).

Controls aren't supported for Preview campaign. Let's say the agent dials a the customer in a Preview run campaign. 

1. Let's say the customer doesn't pick up. Let's say we want to make at least 2 more attempts at this customer before registering them as non-reachable. Let's say we want some kind of interval between the attempts, i.e. if the customer doesn't pick up, make another attempt at another hour or maybe the next day. How might we accomplish this? 

2  Let's say the customer picks up and we end up with a callback request. In this case, is the way do handle this to just let the agent register an ad hoc callback using the built-in callback tab in the live conversation?

Scenarion 2 feels straighforward -  I put it there for completeness - but I really welcome any tips on how to handle our use case scenario 1.
    Any thoughts?
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Joel Hellman
    Hi3G

• 2.  RE: How to do 3 call attempts per customer using Preview mode

Posted 12-07-2020 02:53
    Edited by Stephanie Holt 12-07-2020 02:54
    Hi Joel,

There are many ways to achieve this but I do the following (but the recall interval will not be exactly the interval set, the interval set is the min time between attempts);
    1) add a column to the contact list called something like "Manual_Attempt_Control"
    2) add a call rule set
    3) add a call rule with (wrap type) which increments "Manual_Attempt_Control" for each wrap up code (Action: Update Contact Column, Column Name: "Manual_Attempt_Control", Update Option: Increment by one)
    4) add a call rule with (pre-call type) with the condition where the Contact Property is Last Attempt Overall, is later than whatever the interval is and set the action to "Do not dial"
    5) add a filter to the contact list to filter out contacts where "Manual_Attempt_Control" is more than 3 (because we want 3 attempts)
    6) set a campaign rule to auto recycle the campaign once complete (so that it will keep running the campaign until there are no callable records) 

For scenario 2, the out of the box solution, the way you have suggested works. Alternatives is to trigger the call back using the APIs from either a data action or a CRM.

I hope this helps.

Stephanie Holt
    QPC Australia

• 3.  RE: How to do 3 call attempts per customer using Preview mode

Posted 01-27-2022 01:21
    Hi Stephanie,

One follow-up question : When we set up a campaign rule to auto recycle the campaign once complete. Dont you think it will also dial the contacts which are already dialed and contacted by the agent along with the reschedule once.
    Also how to track which records are pending & are reschedule for the set interval. Since this tracking is not available as part of campaign dashboard ,correct.

Ameya Phadtare
    Cognizant Technology Solutions India

• 4.  RE: How to do 3 call attempts per customer using Preview mode

Posted 02-02-2022 08:16
    Hey there Ameya,

When we set up a campaign rule to auto recycle the campaign once complete. Dont you think it will also dial the contacts which are already dialed and contacted by the    agent along with the reschedule once.

Response :  The Attempt Control Configuration should prevent over dialing if set correctly.
                            Watch out though, when you recycle the campaign you will clear out the scheduled calls for that campaign.

The loss of scheduled calls can be over come by using 2 call rules. A Wrap-up rule to apple a timestamp to the contact list as the scheduled call is 
                           created.  A pre-call rule to check the timestamp and prevent calling the record until past the time it was scheduled to be called.             
                           This is does change the intent from a Scheduled Time to call if no recycle takes place and then a minimum time to call if the campaign is recycled.

Also how to track which records are pending & are reschedule for the set interval. Since this tracking is not available as part of campaign dashboard ,correct.
    Response : The only way I know is to down load contact list. 

Chris Martin
    CCS Medical

• 5.  RE: How to do 3 call attempts per customer using Preview mode

Posted 02-02-2022 18:01
    Hi Ameya,

Wrap up code mapping can take care of the calls to customers where you connect with the right party (Right party contact or RPC in wrap up code mapping).

In wrap-up code mapping under Campaign, choose the RPC toggle for wrap-up where your staff speak to the correct contact.

Regarding scheduled call backs there are a few ways to handle this;
    1) as Chris mentioned, add the callback time to the contact list and use a recall rule to check to make sure the time has passed before you call the contact - just keep in mind this will not be able to ensure the call back occurs at the correct time
    2) in the UI on the right hand side, add a scheduled call back. The system manages scheduled callbacks external to the campaign so the customer will be called at the correct time. Then it is just a matter of setting the wrap up mapping for the wrap-up used by agents when this occurs (something like "scheduled call back with customer") to ensure the contact is no longer called (RPC works here too). Personally I like adding an extra column to the contact list marked "Scheduled CallBack", and I use a wrap-up rule to add "yes" or 1 to this column, and then I use a contact list filter to filer these out.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Steph

Stephanie Holt
    QPC Australia

• 6.  RE: How to do 3 call attempts per customer using Preview mode

Posted 02-21-2022 07:57
    Hi Chris Martin & Stephanie Holt,

Thanks for your response it helped a lot.

One more follow up question:
    We have used above steps to have the reattempt in Preview campaigns, However we are using this in conjunction with agent owned column & its works fine. However if some agent skips the call or those agent are not available then the progress of the campaign is still not 100%, which doesn't recycle the campaign.
    Which fails the above configuration logic.
    We also tried adding campaign rule of condition less then 100% to recycle the campaign but still doesn't work.

Regards,
    Ameya

Ameya Phadtare
    Cognizant Technology Solutions India

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources