Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud Release Notes - June 17th, 2020

GENESYS
    Posted 06-17-2020 09:34

Contact center

Introducing Nuance Text-to-Speech integration

Nuance Text-to-Speech engine is now available from Genesys AppFoundry. This integration, along with Genesys's other third-party TTS offerings, expands language options and enables customers to select the most appropriate TTS voice for their organization. In addition, Architect can now integrate with the Nuance TTS solution for text-to-speech playback on a per-flow basis. This feature requires Edge and Media Tier version 1.0.0.7920 or later. For more information, see About text-to-speech (TTS) engines.

Amazon Polly and Google Cloud Text-to-Speech integration support for secure call flows

The Amazon Polly and Google Cloud Text-to-Speech engines are now available for use in secure call flows in Architect. Administrators can use the TTS capabilities in secure flows to play back text to the caller in the language and voice of their choice. For more information, see About text-to-speech (TTS) engines.

Amazon Lex and Google Dialogflow bot integration support for secure call flows

The Amazon Lex and Google Dialogflow bot actions are now available for use in secure call flows in Architect. Administrators can use bot actions in secure flows for input collection using natural language processing. For more information, see Call Lex Bot action and Call Dialogflow Bot action.

Get Journey Sessions by Customer action and Get Journey Session action in Architect

Administrators and contact center managers can use the new Get Journey Sessions by Customer action for Predictive Engagement (Altocloud) in Architect workflows to retrieve current and previous sessions for a specific customer ID. Use the historical session information provided in this action to enrich customer profiles in third-party systems. Also, the existing Get Journey Session action is now available in Architect chat flows. For more information, see Get Journey Sessions by Customer action and Get Journey Session action.

Deprecations

Screen recording, evaluations, and surveys permissions change postponement

Genesys announced the screen recording, evaluations, and surveys routing permissions change on May 6, 2020, with a June 17, 2020 change date. Genesys has postponed the change date to June 24, 2020. For more information, see Screen recording, evaluations, and surveys permissions change.

#Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - June 17th, 2020

GENESYS
    Posted 06-18-2020 08:27
    Hey @Matt Lawson did the Release Notes email go out yesterday?

I have a Power Automate script that runs based on that email, and I noticed it didn't fire off yesterday?  Just want to confirm the email is still the "standard" process of notifying everyone?

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - June 17th, 2020

GENESYS
    Posted 06-18-2020 14:09
    Hey @Trent Vance,

Hope all is well! I had to do some asking around on this one. Here is the response from that email's manager:

I have gotten a number of similar responses and I myself had the same issue.

There is something going on with the email subscriptions – I have experienced it myself – it keeps unsubscribing me and I often don't receive Release Notes email notifications. We have opened a ticket hoping to resolve this, but there is a workaround in the meantime.

You can update your email preferences at any time by following the email preferences link at the bottom of any of our automated emails.

Filling out the form on the following page should send an email to you with a link to your preferences as well. https://www.genesys.com/campaign/subscribe-genesys-communications

I re-subscribed yesterday and today I belatedly received the email notifications.

Hope that helps!

Matt​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - June 17th, 2020

GENESYS
    Posted 06-18-2020 16:09
    It came in at 10:22 AM EST today.  Thanks for looking out, and better late than never! :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources