Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to avoid capturing/logging Participant Data/Attributes in Secure Flows

Posted 07-16-2021 14:29
    Hi, I have understood that the only way to pass information from one flow to another is by using attributes which are set using the Set Participant Data action.
    That said, is it possible to make those attributes not available in the Conversations API after the call is disconnected?
    I mean, the idea is that the value of those attributes is not logged/captured in Genesys Cloud so you cannot retrieve that information querying the API because those attributes have sensitive data. Again, I'm using attributes because that is the only way that I can pass information from one flow to another (I can't do it using variables).

I tried using a Secure Flow instead of a regular Inbound Call flow but unfortunately it does not work, I do see the conversation attributes values when querying the Conversations API.
    According to this discussion, in a post someone says that it is possible to do it using a secure call flow, but it didn't work for me.
    I wonder how it's possible to achieve this.

Thanks,
    Henry Zambrano

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Security

------------------------------
    Henry ZAMbrano
    Cognizant Technology Solutions

• 2.  RE: How to avoid capturing/logging Participant Data/Attributes in Secure Flows

Posted 07-16-2021 16:44
    Hi Henry, 

Here is a different way of looking at getting your requirement above. You can use a data action and for example azure table storage. Below 
    is a link we have created https://youtu.be/LN_7enhQk5Y. 

Kind Regards

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 3.  RE: How to avoid capturing/logging Participant Data/Attributes in Secure Flows

Posted 07-16-2021 17:55
    Thank you Warren, however precisely I don't want to store anything, we just want to have available the sensitive data, traveling throughout the interaction persisting between transfers from one call flow to another until it disconnects the same way attributes do. Unfortunately, the attributes information is logged in the Conversations API so it can be queried later. I don't want that and I thought that using the Set Participant Data action in a Secure Flow would avoid that capture/logging in the conversations API.

Henry ZAMbrano

• 4.  RE: How to avoid capturing/logging Participant Data/Attributes in Secure Flows

Posted 07-16-2021 23:39
    Henry, you are thinking of this out of scope.  The entire function of Secure Flow is to NOT log any information ANYWHERE.  What Warran is suggesting that if you really need to write information out of a secure flow, you need to use a secure data action to another web service.  What you could do is actually call the Genesys Cloud API to add attributes to the conversation to be used by other flows.  If you don't want to keep that information later on, just set again in the other flow with meaningless information.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: How to avoid capturing/logging Participant Data/Attributes in Secure Flows

Posted 07-19-2021 09:20
    Edited by Henry ZAMbrano 07-19-2021 09:22
    Thank you Robert for your usual help. Maybe I didn't explain myself very well. I do need that sensitive information captured in one flow and then use it in another flow.
    Yes, I could use data tables or data actions to write in some other place but I don't want to write that information anywhere I just want it to be available for use in other flows the same way the attributes functionality lets me do it. However using attributes makes this info available in the Conversations API after the interaction disconnects (for X days and also viewable via the Interactions Details View), I thought that by setting participant data (attributes) in Secure Flow that information wouldn't be stored in the Conversations API after disconnect. Anyway, I will need to think of any other alternative like resetting attributes to empty right after the call passes from one flow to another.

Thanks everyone.

Henry ZAMbrano

• 6.  RE: How to avoid capturing/logging Participant Data/Attributes in Secure Flows

Posted 07-17-2021 02:53
    Henry,

Even for "traveling throughout the interaction" - data will be stored in RAM or Hard Drive.
    And you easily can delete data after call disconnects.

You also can use GC DataTables, where values cant be querying the Conversations API.

Another option is to combine two flows into one.

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources