Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Holiday Scheduling

• 1.  Holiday Scheduling

Posted 11-13-2019 13:05
    We have 6 Schedule Groups and each group all observe the same holiday schedule.

As it is right now, I have to enter the individual holidays into each group as that is the only way I know how to do this. Is it possible to put all the holidays in one container and then have the 6 Schedule Groups use the container with all the holidays?

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)

------------------------------
    Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC
    PureCloud Go Live: 7/2019

• 2.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2019 13:14
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:34
    Currently, there is no layer between Schedules and Schedule Groups to accomplish what you're trying to do. It's sounds like all six Schedule Groups are the same though. Is the only difference their time zone or are they used for different things?

Mike Hall
    Software Engineer - Team Lead
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2019 13:15
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:30

Hi Ben,

At this time we do not have a way to put multiple holidays within one schedule.  We recommend using the same process that you are currently using but I would also recommend requesting to have multiple holidays within a schedule by going to our enhancement request website: https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/portal_session/new

Gage Decker
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-16-2020 04:06
    Hi 
    is here any news? Is it very inefficient to manage the holiday in such ways.

Gennaro Montanino

• 5.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-17-2020 14:50
    While waiting for improvements, I've found it best to name all my holidays starting with the word "Holiday" to make it easier to find and make sure you get them all when you have to add them to a bunch of schedule groups.

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 6.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-17-2020 16:37
    I haven't even figured out how to make a recurring holiday work if the holiday is observed on the preceding Friday for Saturday holidays, or if the following Monday is observed for Sunday holidays.  We have to watch / monitor numerous holidays and make manual adjustments.

Anyone have any tips for this?

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 7.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-17-2020 16:52
    I do!  Use the conditional rules.  For example, for Independence day in the US you will need 3 Holidays set up.
    1st, Set up a recurring every year for the 4th day of July, then add the conditional rules and select Mo, Tu, We, Th Fr as the days
    2nd, Set up a recurring every year for the 3rd day of July, then add the conditional rule and select on Fr as the only day
    3rd, Set up a recurring every year for the 5th day of July, then add the conditional rule and select Mo as the only day

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 8.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-17-2020 17:00
    Thanks Mike.

I was hoping there would be a way to do it with a single holiday because we currently have 27 different countries using our PureCloud now, and more to come.  But your suggestion would work and I would only need to configure it once.  I will at least use it for our US sites.

Maybe that rule - observing weekend holidays on the Friday before/Monday after - is just a US thing.

Some of the Latin America countries have crazy rules for holiday with a lot of "it depends" that I think I may give up on recurring holidays altogether!

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 9.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-17-2020 17:18
    The if it falls on Saturday observe on Friday, if Sunday observe on Monday is pretty standard in the US.  The fun one is the Friday after Thanksgiving.  It can be programmed, but you need 7 schedules to do it.  If you are doing a lot of schedules, play with the iCal rules button in the top right.  I made myself a spreadsheet of Holiday names and iCal rules so I can pretty easily add the 20ish holiday schedules we generally need for a new customer.  As an example, here are the iCal rules for the 3 Independence day holidays.  To build them, I just add a new schedule, give it a name, hit the all day slider, open the iCal window and paste in the rule.

FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTH=7;BYMONTHDAY=4;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR
    FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTH=7;BYMONTHDAY=3;BYDAY=FR
    FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTH=7;BYMONTHDAY=5;BYDAY=MO

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 10.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-17-2020 20:29

I just create a separate holiday that covers the Friday after Thanksgiving

• 11.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-17-2020 21:11
    But then you have to change it.  You can't just do 4th Friday because sometimes it's the 5th Friday.  If you build all these, you can "set it and forget it"
    Holiday Friday after Thanksgiving (observed 11/23) FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=23;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=FR
    Holiday Friday after Thanksgiving (observed 11/24) FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=24;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=FR
    Holiday Friday after Thanksgiving (observed 11/25) FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=25;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=FR
    Holiday Friday after Thanksgiving (observed 11/26) FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=26;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=FR
    Holiday Friday after Thanksgiving (observed 11/27) FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=27;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=FR
    Holiday Friday after Thanksgiving (observed 11/28) FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=28;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=FR
    Holiday Friday after Thanksgiving (observed 11/29) FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=29;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=FR

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 12.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 10-20-2021 13:04
    I have just set up for the day after thanksgiving like this.
    Any thoughts as to validity or drawbacks to doing it this way?

Bruce Dunn
    State of Delaware

• 13.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

GENESYS
    Posted 10-20-2021 13:09
    You're a week late in 2023.  Thanksgiving is on the 23rd that year.  Define it as the 4th Thursday instead of the last Thursday.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 10-20-2021 13:21

OMG you're absolutely right!!!

Thank you!!

• 15.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 10-20-2021 13:13

I couldn't get it to work for two days so we actually just created two schedules.  One for the last Thursday of every November and one for the last Friday of every November.

• 16.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 10-20-2021 13:21
    Fixed it, Thanks Melissa

Bruce Dunn
    State of Delaware

• 17.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

GENESYS
    Posted 10-20-2021 13:22
    For the day after Thanksgiving, use date on 23,24,25,26,27,28,29 if day is a Friday

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 18.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 10-20-2021 13:27

I created one for 4th Friday of November. 

I think it works the same

• 19.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

GENESYS
    Posted 10-20-2021 13:33
    Not always.  In 2024 Thanksgiving is the 28th but the 4th Friday is the 22nd.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 20.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 10-20-2021 15:36
    You are absolutely right!  Thank you

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 21.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-24-2020 19:34
    Hi Brenda,

Christmas and Boxing Day are good examples of this in Australia!

• If Christmas Day is Friday, then 28th is Monday (substitute Holiday for Boxing Day)
    • If Christmas Day is Saturday, then 27th is Monday (substitute Holiday for Christmas) and 28th is Tuesday (substitute Holiday for Boxing Day)
    • If Christmas Day is Sunday, then 26th is Monday (normal Boxing Day) and 27th is Tuesday (substitute Holiday for Christmas)
    So we set ...
    • Christmas SUB = Holiday on December 27 if Day = Monday or Tuesday
    • Boxing Day SUB = Holiday on December 28 if Day = Monday or Tuesday
    Hope this helps :)

Thanks and regards,
      Malcolm Green
      Nexon Asia Pacific

• 22.  RE: Holiday Scheduling

Posted 09-24-2020 19:30
      Hi Ben,

Perhaps use a Schedule Group block to define your holidays, then put a Switch Block on the Open Leg that activates a specific Schedule based on some variable?

Cheers.​

Thanks and regards,
      Malcolm Green
      Nexon Asia Pacific

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources