Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Multiple Agents in Multiple Queues

Posted 09-22-2021 10:41
    Good day, 

I searched for a bit but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for so I apologize if this has been discussed before. 
    I think the explanation in this article get's me close to my answer but I'm looking for clarification:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/genesys-cloud-acd-processing/

We have some scenarios in our business where agents are assigned multiple queues with skill based routing. 
    My goal is to understand how the system sends a call to an agent, when the agent becomes available, assuming multiple calls are queued in all the queues the agent is part of. 

Scenario A:
    • No skills
    • No priority
    • Agent part of 6 different Queues
    • Multiple call queued in those 6 queues. 
    My assumption on this one: When the agent becomes available, they will simply make a list of all queues they are assigned to and send the call that has been holding the longest? 

Scenario B:
    • Skills, either All skills matching or Best Available
    • No priority
    • Agent part of 6 different Queues
    • Multiple call queued in those 6 queues.
    My assumption on this one: When the agent becomes available, based on the Skill routing method, they system will look into each queue, make a list of the best call that matches their skills and send them the call that has been waiting the longest. 

Couple Follow up questions:
    Am I close to being correct in those assumptions?
    Does SLA calculation impact any of the behavior?
    If an agent doesn't have ALL skills attached to a call, they will potentially never get that call correct?

Thanks a bunch.

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    David Moschioni
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 2.  RE: Multiple Agents in Multiple Queues

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-22-2021 23:02
    HI David

I think you are pretty spot on. 
    The only thing that might alter those assumptions is the evaluation method selected
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/acd-evaluation-routing-methods/
    Assuming either Best or all skill matching then it should work the way you assume.
    as far as I'm aware, SLA is not considered in routing decisions.

Aa for needing all skills:

(Emphasis mine)
    Best Available Skills ACD considers the 100 agents with the longest time since last interaction.  Of those agents, ACD finds those with all of the required skills and the highest average skill proficiency (as it is possible for multiple agents to have the same average skill proficiency).  From those, ACD selects the agent with the longest time since last interaction.
    All Skills Matching ACD selects the agent who has all of the required skills with the longest time since last interaction.

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

• 3.  RE: Multiple Agents in Multiple Queues

Posted 09-22-2021 23:26
    Just to add what Anton's already said here, you also need to consider whether any of the calls were transferred.  Upon transferring the call will take on a new score based on the time it entered that destination queue.  So where a customer may have been holding for 10 minutes to get into an initial queue, only to have to get transferred to another queue, they'll end up at the bottom of that second queue unless you put some logic in place in your in-queue flow to pick up on that.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources