Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud is Work-From-Home ready but there are some items to consider when transitioning

GENESYS
    Posted 09-15-2020 04:16
    Edited by Rebecca Harper 09-15-2020 20:04
    Many of our Customers have moved to working from home without a hitch, this year, however there were several Customers, in the ANZ region, that hit common hurdles. Here are some handy tips to get you started:

• Using WebRTC or remote number stations reduces the need to purchase extra hardware (these will have to be configured if not currently used)
     • Check Edge ports and services that are required for WebRTC: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/ports-and-services-for-webrtc/
     • Check bandwidth and environment requirements at the Edge and user locations to support WebRTC stations, as internet traffic will increase.
       o Bandwidth Calculator: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/bandwidth-calculator/
       o Network readiness assessment: http://australia.pna.inindca.com:8080/myspeed/purecloud_presales_version_1.html
       o WebRTC test: https://apps.mypurecloud.com.au/webrtc-troubleshooter/
     • Check trunk capacities with the carrier if you intend to use remote number stations, as it will double the use of that.

You can also visit our FAQ sheet on Remote Workers: https://www.genesys.com/en-sg/emergency-response/remote-workers-faq for more helpful hints.

To those who have already transitioned to WFH we would love to hear about your experiences.
    #RemoteWorkEnablement

------------------------------
    Rebecca Harper
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud is Work-From-Home ready but there are some items to consider when transitioning

Posted 04-07-2021 10:56
    Hi Rebecca - 
    One question that I'm struggling to find an answer to is how to identify agents that are remote and report on their performance differently from those agents that are in the office.  We are in the process of configuration prior to launching Genesys Cloud in June, and we expect to have about half of our staff in the office at any time due to Covid spacing guidelines.  We'd like to be able to report on agent performance and differentiate performance when working remote vs. working in the office.  

Moving forward, I can see how a report like this would be very helpful for identifying effectiveness of a work-from-home policy and agent eligibility for that program.  

Is there an easy way to do this via an attribute that we could use?  We're setting up PureInsights, so we believe that if we can identify an attribute, we can easily create reporting on it.  

Thanks!

#RemoteWorkEnablement #RemoteAgents #WorkFromHome #Reporting ​​​​

Stuart Walters
    LUMA Energy, LLC

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud is Work-From-Home ready but there are some items to consider when transitioning

GENESYS
    Posted 04-07-2021 21:40
    Edited by Rebecca Harper 04-08-2021 00:33
    Hi Stuart,

Thanks for reaching out. Interesting question and objective!

The Genesys Cloud Service seems indifferent to where a User logs in from, with the idea that, so long as they are able to reach the service from the location it launched, it will work. Restrictions on use can be configured per Org, including location on where it can be launched, (but that is another topic). I don't think GC differentiates "remote" from "in-office" Users (unless you want to manually configure a differentiator, if it is a somewhat static situation).

The only thing I could think of was the use of the Users "location" detection: 
    User Location
    Then using Users API call to pull "Geolocation". You might have to be a bit creative to get the output to conform to the use-case you are looking for and there are a few clinchers: the Users need to have their location enabled and launching via VPN can sometimes throw the location off. 

I'll be happy for anyone to step in and correct me or offer a better answer. You could also try posting in the Dev Forum for more targeted feedback. 

My kindest!

Rebecca Harper
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud is Work-From-Home ready but there are some items to consider when transitioning

Posted 04-08-2021 01:29
    HI Stuart

Will this 50/50 split be fairly static or will people potentially WFH one day, and then in the office the next?  If it's going to be spread in/out throughout the month it's going to make most reporting solutions difficult.

If however you have a set group of people that always WFM, and a group that always work at the office, then you could just put them into two groups and then use those groups for your reporting.  There's some caveats to that though including the group filter isn't available everywhere.  Using it in reports it will add users individually so for scheduled reports you'll need to go back in and manually update that as group membership changes.  However you will be able to use it in the Performance\Agents view and then export that (including the new export schedule function.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: Genesys Cloud is Work-From-Home ready but there are some items to consider when transitioning

GENESYS
    Posted 04-08-2021 01:58
    Edited by Rebecca Harper 04-08-2021 01:58
    Thanks Vaun,

Just to add to this: a colleague of mine mentioned a potential workaround of creating a logical queue or two (no need to send calls to them) and assign them to each Agent. Get them to activate themselves on the queue when working from home so you can filter on them for reporting. However this adds operational overhead and dependencies on the Agent or Supervisor to manually update. 

Kind regards

Rebecca Harper
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Genesys Cloud is Work-From-Home ready but there are some items to consider when transitioning

Posted 04-09-2021 15:49
    Thanks, Vaun!  
    We haven't finalized this yet, but it's less likely to be static, and more likely to be dynamic.  We might go down the path of an entire team being WFH for a day in order to stagger office occupancy.  If Covid-related occupancy plans change where we could have more than 50% of seats occupied, we might not implement WFH plans for a while.  However, I'd like to have this set up in advance for either situation.  

I really like this somehow marked in reports but don't really like the option of having to more people in and out of groups manually.  I also have questions about how these locations could impact any E911 (Emergency services), but that may be another topic thread.  :)

Stuart Walters
    LUMA Energy, LLC

• 7.  RE: Genesys Cloud is Work-From-Home ready but there are some items to consider when transitioning

Posted 04-08-2021 06:27
    Hi Stuart,
    Nice to meet another PureInsights user! Depending on whether the WFH vs in office groups of agents will be static, here are some options I can think of using PureInsights to separate out metrics for the two groups.

* User location - You could do a union with the user_locations data table and filter based on location name. For example, for your in office agents, select any/all in office locations, and for the WFH agents, select either the WFH location/locations or do an exclude of all non-WFH location names,
    * User details - If the WFH/in office split is at the team/supervisor level, similar to the above you could do a union with this data table and filter based on manager name.
    * User roles - If WFH vs in office will be more dynamic rather than static, this might be something to consider. You could create a custom role with basic permissions (like employee, etc, or other permissions they already have) and call one "WFH Role" and one "In Office Role", and assign/unassign the appropriate role as their location shifts. Then do a union with the user_roles data table to filter based on role name.  

I use the user details role in much of reporting to role it up to team levels and for ease of filtering certain agent groups. Admittedly I've not had a use case for the user roles data able as of yet, but based on my knowledge of PureInsights and how the data works, I have every reason to believe this should work. Something to try at least.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Group, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Genesys Cloud is Work-From-Home ready but there are some items to consider when transitioning

Posted 04-09-2021 15:51
    Great ideas, Emily!  
    We haven't set up PureInsights yet, so any of these might be feasible.  I have a good relationship with one of the PureInsights folks, so I will probably talk this through further with him.  I'll try to post an update when we finally figure out what we're going to do.  

Thanks!
    Stuart

Stuart Walters
    LUMA Energy, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources