Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Messenger

Posted 11-14-2021 18:59

Hi,

We are new to Genesys Cloud and we are wanting to setup web messaging.

I have been able to setup and deploy the web messaging to a test site, however I would like to know whether it is possible to use the local timezone, business hours and public holidays that are set within Genesys Cloud to determine when the web messaging client shows on our website. I am wondering if there are any API options for these options that would allow this functionality?

I would appreciate any assistance or code you can provide if this is possible.

Regards
    Daniel

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Daniel Butel
    Campaspe Shire Council

• 2.  RE: Web Messenger

Posted 11-15-2021 11:59
    With Inbound Message Flows you can bring in an Evaluate Schedule into the flow and select the Time Zone you want to act on.

Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 3.  RE: Web Messenger

GENESYS
    Posted 12-08-2021 05:19
    Hello 👋
    Indeed, you can leverage Schedules within Architect Flows (Inbound Message Flows) and provide appropriate handling, depending on whether end-user is within or outside a given schedule, so that messages can be tailored. Note that Web Messaging is an "always-on" async channel, so even outside office hours you can still welcome and qualify visitors, setting expectations ("we are closed right now, but we'll reply to you in the morning") so that you don't miss any opportunity to engage.

Thanks
    Angelo

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources