Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Gamification and Vacation Time

• 1.  Gamification and Vacation Time

Posted 07-26-2021 11:34
    We're just starting with gamification in Genesys Cloud. One topic that's come up a few times, is how to handle when agents are on vacation, or, specific to us, at conventions.

In these situations, they won't be able to accrue points, but certainly shouldn't be penalized.

Offline tracking with "base" points has been discussed, but I'm extremely hesitant to start tracking things externally. I'd rather let the system do the work for us.

Does anyone else have these issues and found a solution that works for them?
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Daniel Ross
    Weld North Education

• 2.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

GENESYS
    Posted 07-28-2021 08:45
    Edited by Shikha Khattar 07-28-2021 08:45
    Hi Daniel -

Could you give examples of where (within gamification) exactly do you think agent is being penalized for being on vacation?

Thanks!

Shikha Khattar
    Genesys - Sr. Product Manager - Workforce Engagement Management

• 3.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

Posted 07-28-2021 09:02
    Hi there-

I don't have any examples yet since we just started using it, but the theory goes that those on vacation wouldn't accrue points while those not on vacation would.

If everyone has, and takes the same amount, of vacation in a given year, it would all balance out. If, however, senior members of a team have more vacation time (as is the case with us) they would potentially miss out on more point accruals than newer members.

Does that make sense?

Daniel Ross
    Weld North Education

• 4.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

GENESYS
    Posted 07-28-2021 09:17
    That's a really interesting consideration, Daniel. Talking with customers and seeing some examples of gamification in the workplace, I'm used to seeing weekly and monthly contests for gamfication, in which case someone who is on vacation is just going to have to take the loss on the chin. It is interesting thinking about year-end awards.

Maybe you could assign a default point value to someone when they take a day off? Like whatever their (or the team's) average daily or hourly point accrual is, add that for the time off?

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 5.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

Posted 07-28-2021 09:23
    We've been considering default point values, but there isn't a way to assign those points within Genesys itself is there?

Daniel Ross
    Weld North Education

• 6.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

GENESYS
    Posted 07-28-2021 09:36
    No, we don't allow allocating default points today. But, it's an interesting thought.

Though, I believe that can get tricky and may also cause a lot of manual work on the supervisor or performance admin to keep a track of when and whom to give default points, what's the criteria, keep track of fixing it if you made mistakes and subsequently explain the decisions to your staff.

Shikha Khattar

• 7.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

GENESYS
    Posted 07-28-2021 09:53
    How big is your team? It doesn't sound like there is a way to do this in the system, but for a small team, I would look into calculating this in a spreadsheet. 

Also, maybe for the EOY awards the scoreboard has its own category of prizes/accolades (sorry PTO'ers), but there are other categories that can find creative ways to award great performers who took a luxurious trip around the world.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 8.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

GENESYS
    Posted 07-28-2021 09:31
    Edited by Shikha Khattar 07-28-2021 09:57
    Thanks Daniel. Yes, if we just consider absolute point accrual and use that for rewards & recognition - it can seem unfair to agents who have more vacation time. 

To normalize performance, we are exploring the idea of using % of points (average points earned /eligible max points) earned in a given period (say week or month) to compare agent's self performance over time as well as compare peer performance.

How do you feel about using this technique to initiate recognition which subsequently translates into redeemable values/ rewards?

Taking this approach means that we are only evaluating agents aggregate average performance for the days they worked. If they were on vacation for a given day; eligible max points will also be zero thus excluding that day completely from the average calculation. 

Shikha Khattar

• 9.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

Posted 07-29-2021 08:07
    I like this approach, Shikha. This is what I had been doing manually with our system prior to Genesys. Again, the ability to let Genesys do this for me rather than aggregating manually via a spreadsheet would be fantastic.

Daniel Ross
    Weld North Education

• 10.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

GENESYS
    Posted 07-29-2021 08:31
    @Dan Ross, don't forget that you can submit this idea in our ideas lab: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas ​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 11.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

GENESYS
    Posted 07-29-2021 08:54
    Great. Thanks for the feedback, Daniel!

Shikha Khattar

• 12.  RE: Gamification and Vacation Time

Posted 07-30-2021 05:22
    Hi Daniel, 
    This is a great idea thanks very much. Our clients really like it and we will add it onto our application for them, do you have anymore ideas, thanks again. 
    Kind Regards

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources