Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Event Viewer

Posted 10-18-2019 09:49
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

For months now we've not had any information showing in the "Event Viewer" in the outbound dialing section as shown in the attached.

Even when we recreate an issue that should show, such as any entity limit or import errors as described in the event categories definitions, we still continue to get "No Data Available".

This has been reported to support, with network and event logs provided as we tried to re-create the issue, but we're yet to receive a response other than;

"I have talked with several managers, engineers and also reached out to the Dev engineer before responding.  Unfortunately nobody has been able to come up with any ideas that we have found that do not tell any info on the error and that is not showing up in Event Viewer.  We are not able to make any suggestions for things to try.  We will have to wait till the error shows up again."

Does anyone else get any data showing on this section of Purecloud, or is it a system wide error?

Thanks

#PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

Attachment(s)

docx
    Event Viewer.docx   56 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Event Viewer

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2019 10:06
    I don't see any messages in my Event Viewer, in two different orgs.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Event Viewer

Posted 10-18-2019 10:11
    Thanks George,

Would be interesting to see how many more people have the same issue to understand if it's not working for anyone at all!

Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

• 4.  RE: Event Viewer

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2019 11:30
    Ok, after doing a lot of digging and experimenting, it's probably just that you are not hitting anything that would create and Event Viewer entry.

Specifically, anything that causes a pop-up error in the UI (such as import errors) will not add an entry to the Event Viewer (used to, but no longer because it pops an error in the UI).

I was able to generate an entry by taking all my edges out of service while a campaign was running with agents On Queue:

You mentioned that you read the Resource Center article. You just happened to pick something that no longer writes to the Event Viewer. So, you'll have to pick something else on that page (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/event-viewer-categories/) that you can re-create and see if you get a message.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Event Viewer

Posted 10-21-2019 06:39
    Hi George - thanks for looking into this. The one attached was one example of many that we used to try to recreate the issue, every category in the "Entity Limit" was also recreated, also the following ; Callback - invalid phone number, Import - Import column exceeds length limit and -Import data exceeds length limit.

We tried to recreate a number of errors - but every time we got the response

" I have talked with several managers, engineers and also reached out to the Dev engineer before responding.  Unfortunately nobody has been able to come up with any ideas that we have found that do not tell any info on the error and that is not showing up in Event Viewer.  We are not able to make any suggestions for things to try.  We will have to wait till the error shows up again."

Gordon Thomson
    Dialler Manager
    Actavo

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources