Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ANy info on WFM scheduling processes?

Posted 02-20-2020 16:07
    Hello,

I'm interested to know what goes on behind the scenes during a schedule generation process.

Is there any breakdown of the methodology used? I'm also specifically wondering if any factors such as multi-skill efficiency and forecast/schedule simulations are used.

Many thanks!
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 2.  RE: ANy info on WFM scheduling processes?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-20-2020 16:31
    @Jay Langsford can probably give the best insights ​

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: ANy info on WFM scheduling processes?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-20-2020 18:56

Scheduling is a proprietary process that utilizes mathematical modeling, mathematical optimization, linear programming, discrete event simulation, heuristics, and AI. It simultaneously considers many potential schedules to find ones with predicted service levels that matches requirements as closely as possible and uses as few paid hours as possible. It takes into account how the contact center has been run historically – factoring in things like adherence and conformance, multi-skill efficiency, and operational behaviors, both good and bad.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 4.  RE: ANy info on WFM scheduling processes?

Posted 02-24-2020 19:44
    Thanks Jay! 

I'm trying to battle the "Cloud WFM is weak" argument with a customer who is unwilling to move away from their current system. This is great stuff thanks.
    Keep those updates coming :)

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 5.  RE: ANy info on WFM scheduling processes?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-25-2020 08:34
    We are pretty excited about upcoming features and enhancements. We are already executing to have more rapid maturation. This will be a very good year for Genesys Cloud WFM. Those arguments will get much easier over the coming quarters.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 6.  RE: ANy info on WFM scheduling processes?

Posted 05-30-2020 17:57
    Hey Will I'm having the same discussion at the moment with a customer here.  Out of curiosity, what was your customer's "current system" at the time?  For us it's the move from PureEngage on prem to Cloud.  I have to admit it's a step down in a couple of areas - primarily around rotating patterns that's still many months away from being available properly in Genesys Cloud.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources