Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Repeat Caller Report

Posted 10-07-2021 10:23
    Is there a way to determine how many times a customer calls back in a day, week, or month?  For example we had over 40% abandon calls in one day.  We were wanting to see if any of these callers tried to call again later in the day.  Is there a report to determine that?
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Heather Higginbotham
    Cox Automotive Corporate Services, LLC

• 2.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Posted 10-07-2021 10:47
    I have not seen such standard API, but its achievable with some workarounds.
    Instead of standard Analytics API, you can do your own calculations based on Conversations Details API.
    In this way you will be able to track abandon calls and customer calls back.

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

• 3.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Posted 10-08-2021 10:41
    You could add the ANI metric to the Performance>Interactions view and filter by queue if desired.  Export and pivot on ANI.

Bruce Lambert
    Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC

• 4.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Posted 10-11-2021 02:29
    Hi Heather, 
    This is do able with Genesys Cloud APIs. We have built this as a feature for our clients in our Noralogix REPO application. This is done by single number filter as well, so when you type a number the search starts filtering down or one can also have it top to bottom. Happy to share information with you if required warren@noralogix.com 

Kind Regards

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 5.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-10-2022 21:41
    Has anyone else found a good way to do this at scale?

Looking for a single individual call is fine and easy through the detail conversation API can just do ANI equals +12345
    But when you just want to know a count of the total of unique repeat callers and/or how many times they repeated, over a large call volumes that becomes too much.

Eg looking over a week, there might be hundreds of thousands of calls even for a single queue. How many of them are repeat callers.
    Conversation API, doing this one by one is too much.
    Excel doesn't cope with such a large dataset, at least not on the devices we have where excel is constantly crashing with such large datasets.

So ideally looking for something else. Any ideas welcome.

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

• 6.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Posted 01-11-2022 00:34
    Hi Anton,
    With current data you can try to use Conversation Aggregate API and metric offered or something like that.
    Or you can design your own data action to use inside of flow with own implementation for different custom calculations or to subscribe on topic v2.routing.queues.{id}.conversations.calls so you can have realtime calculations.
    If future you will be able to add more additional calculations.

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

• 7.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Posted 01-11-2022 01:41
    Hey Anton, are you feeding anything into something like PowerBI at the bank?  It may be that what you end up having to do is dump each conversation or aggregate data into PowerBI and then do any unique/first response type reporting within that.  That's at least a way of keeping it "in house" without relying on an App Foundry product.  Although even an App Foundry product could feed into PowerBI to give you somewhat the best of both worlds.  Either way just be aware of your API usage.

Vaun McCarthy

• 8.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-11-2022 14:38
    Hey Vaun,

No, no we are not. Getting the Conversation Detail data was a no go for our in house data warehouse team, for "reasons"
    Can you feed the API call directly in to Power BI? If so you wouldn't happen to have a how to guide to get started?

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

• 9.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Posted 01-12-2022 14:46
    HI Anton

My knowledge of PowerBI is pretty limited but I understand you create a "custom connector" that would then enable PowerBI to consume Genesys Cloud APIs.  What I've also done is use a third party AppFoundry partner product that can put an OData feed into PowerBI which includes reports built in that third party product.  So ultimately it means that PowerBI uses data from that third party which does some aggregation stuff and reporting on things like Participant Data that isn't easily doable within Genesys Cloud.  On this specific question they do have a canned report for customers with multiple interactions - although it's based on entries into a queue as opposed to unique conversation IDs.

I'm not entirely sure about the data warehousing part of this but I'd have to think it's possible to have PowerBI or some enterprise middleware consume API data and feed that into a data lake/data set for PowerBI to use ongoing.

I've reached out to the BI guy at one of my customers to see what he can tell me more on the PowerBI side and I'll come back to you.  I do know that building up that side of it "manually" as opposed to using an AppFoundry product did take them a bit of effort - mostly in that their BI guys were coming into it with absolutely no knowledge of Contact Centres, terminology and KPIs.  All I did was basically give them the Postman API collection, an OAuth credential and had a few sessions explaining to them participants, segments, etc.

Vaun McCarthy

• 10.  RE: Repeat Caller Report

Posted 01-14-2022 02:07
    Hi Anton, 
    It doesn't look like you are getting a workable answer. Yes we are a Genesys Appfoundry partner and services partner. We developed a similar request for a client took 4 days with testing, had nothing to do with our Appfoundry offerings just services. We do not use basic consumption of APIs, there is a lot more to Genesys Cloud than what one sees, we prefer to write personalized APIs, there are a few more steps to this than just doing a data dump. If you send me an email I can give you some guidance steps, you can then develop it, it will take a few days with testing then you are done. warren@noralogix.com 
    Kind Regards

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources