Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Changing from Mini Edges to Standard - how have you done it?

Posted 09-12-2021 16:42
    Hi guys

I have a customer org that's currently running off two mini-Edges and we're looking to move them onto either Standard on-premise or BYOC-C.  Since you can't mix minis and standard, what would be a good approach for this migration? 

Guessing we have to unpair and delete the existing mini's first meaning there's a period of time that there's no telephony function at all until we then configure and pair the new standard ones.
    #Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Changing from Mini Edges to Standard - how have you done it?

Posted 09-14-2021 05:13
    Hi Vaun,

If you are looking at adding Standard Edges to an existing on premise model then you can do this in a single org but they must be configured against a different site. Site A can have your existing Mini Edges connected, Site B would have the standard Edges which you can then do testing against by adding SIP trunks etc. When you come to cut over the services it's a simpler transition.

Adding this link below the shows acceptable combinations of Edges, and highlights the site controls to allow different types of Edges within a single org.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/edge-redundancy/

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 3.  RE: Changing from Mini Edges to Standard - how have you done it?

Posted 09-14-2021 15:49
    Thanks Gareth, that's what I understood.  What about Edge groups?  Can Edge types be mixed there?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Changing from Mini Edges to Standard - how have you done it?

Posted 09-14-2021 20:00
    I've not tested this configuration but I believe it would technically work allowing you to group the trunk resources. However, you might run into issues in the event of any hardware failures of larger devices because it may attempt to hit the smaller edges with more calls than they can handle.

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 5.  RE: Changing from Mini Edges to Standard - how have you done it?

Posted 09-15-2021 17:05
    Thanks Gareth, that's what I had been thinking too

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources