Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Queue Selection based on Language

Posted 11-03-2019 05:07
    Dear Community , 

I have a concern in Genesys Purecloud Architecture , when we have multiple language  selection (for example Arabic , English , Hindi and Malayalam ) in main menu and each have same sub-menu options (for example Sales , Support ,) and each has to transfer to a Queue like ( Arabic_Sales , Arabic_support  , English_sales , English_support  , Hindi_Sales and So on ) based on selected language . 

instead creating sub-menu for each language to select  to transfer ACD  , do we have any option to check a condition with language for example if language=Arabic then Queue =Arabic_sales 

Thanks and Regards
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Noufal Ebrahim

• 2.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

GENESYS
    Posted 11-04-2019 06:50
    PureCloud treats language similar to a skill. If you send the call to the Sales queue and have the language set to Arabic then it would only be delivered to agents that have Arabic configured as a supported language.

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

Posted 11-05-2019 06:34
    Don, this is not the behavior we're seeing... The set language action works well within architect to provide the correct text to speech verbiage, and it will set the skill when it goes to queue, but it the acd is not considering the language skill or the agent's language skill ranking when distributing the call. In testing with two agents in a best available skill queue, one agent with a five star ranking and one with a one star would receive calls alternately (i.e., disregard skill, next available agent).  ​My customer says that agents without the language skill will also receive the call although I haven't tested this just yet.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 4.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

GENESYS
    Posted 11-05-2019 08:37
    Hi Dean,
    There are ways in which language is used:
    1. In the call flow to define prompts, tts, etc. For example en-US (US English) or es-US (US Spanish)
    2. Language used in routing and matching agents with the available skills. This may be English, Spanish, Guarni, etc. This behaves similar to a skill.
    These are distinct and different.

When I have tested on my side the Skill + Language are both required in order to select an agent. If I happened to have a Support skill but only spoke English then I would not be considered for a Support Spanish calls. This means that you could look at the queue and see calls queued and agents available but the agents are not receiving the calls as they don't support language needs.

You mentioned that, " ​My customer says that agents without the language skill will also receive the call". I have tested this scenario and this is not what I have seen. I was using all skills matching. I have not tested the behavior under all scenarios. It may also be possible that they are confusing language (#1) with language (#2) as detailed above.

Don

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

Posted 11-05-2019 09:20
    Thanks Don,

The way we're using languages, the language is the skill. I'm planning on adding an ACD skill for the language in addition to the language skill as a workaround: 

So instead of just having "Japanese" (language skill)

it'll be "Japanese" + "HR - Japanese" (language skill + acd skill). 

Question i'd have is if the proficiency ranking of the language skill is not considered, why is it there?  

I tested out sending a call to a queue with an agent who didn't have the language skill as the only one on queue, and they didn't get the call, so that's good.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 6.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

Posted 11-05-2019 09:19
    AFAIK, language skills are treated as binary (on or off), even though the UI suggests that agents can be ranked.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 7.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

Posted 11-04-2019 14:31
    If you want separate queues, you can use a switch statement to send the callers into the appropriate queue. The system variable Call.Language contains the required information for the call. Make sure this switch is implemented in a reusable task, because the language setting does not take effect until the task that you set it in ends.
    Shows how to branch based on language

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 8.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

Posted 11-05-2019 10:40
    I have a customer using around 20 languages along with a selection of skills for each call. Calls are sent to a queue and split by language. An agent without the language can never answer the call with the selected language. An example of an English call in queue is below.

An agent can have zero stars in the language and still receive the call. The stars currently do not make a difference but that may be on the development roadmap.

You can check and change the language in Architect but the change will only take effect at the end of a task so in this case the language is checked against a data table and then updated and the transfer to ACD is completed in the next task.

Ensure your language skill is set against the language in the flow. You can check afterwards in Interaction view.

Richard Chandler
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 9.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

GENESYS
    Posted 11-05-2019 15:38
    Yes. Languages are binary and proficiency of a language is not taken into account.

There is an idea describing the current behavior and requesting language proficiency to be taken into account so that it behaves like skills - https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-260

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Queue Selection based on Language

GENESYS
    Posted 11-06-2019 09:54
    By the way, there are some customers who work around this situation by creating regular ACD Skills named for the languages (English, Spanish, French, etc., or whatever names you want).

That way, proficiency levels can be used and the "language" skills can be removed from the interactions using Bullseye Routing.

They don't use the configured Language Skills at all.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources