Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialog Engine Bot Flow Questions

Posted 05-18-2021 05:30
    Edited by Anish Sharma 05-18-2021 06:05
    Hi, i have couple of questions which i hope will give bit more clarity on dialog engine bot flows:

1. How is context mantained in the bot flow?
    2. One use case iam looking at is if there is no intent match, then capture the request the customer made (for simplicity sake, assume this is a chat) so that it can be presented to the agent. Is that possible?
    3. A situation i came across was, if i type 'i want to fly an airplane' , i would have expected the match to be zero and a no match being triggered, however, it matched an intent i had configured (with a low confidence e.g 30) with the bot asking me to verify if 'i meant xxx'. I would have though that common words such as 'i want to' would be a stop word and would be ignored and the match would be zero since i dont have any other intents with the utterance containing fly or airplane. What can be done in this situation? Is there a way to direct the NLU to have a lower confidence?
    4. Is there a way to overide the 'no match' defaults so that the logic that resides in the 'no intent' path for 'ask for intent' node takes effect. A use case for this is to send the customer to an agent instead of asking them to re-enter their request.
    5. What is the best way to handle end of conversations. Example use case is, if an intent is detected and a response is provided, we ask the customer if there is anything else , and they respond with something like 'nah, iam good', if there are spelling mistakes, what happens is that it tries to confirm if the intent set for handling end of conversations is a match which is not ideal experience. Is it better to handle this with a 'no intent' match however, i can hit the issue mentioned in 3 above?
    #ArchitectureandDesign

• 2.  RE: Dialog Engine Bot Flow Questions

Posted 05-18-2021 10:58
    Here you go - short and sweet:

1.  You can't.  With the Input and Output, you can receive context from the initiating flow and then output back to the flow, but the initiating flow is the one that has to write participant data to the conversation.  Genesys is looking at adding this and Flow Outcomes to the Bot Flows
    2.  I usually have a \w{1,100} option that will be my default for questions and then either send to a KMS or to an agent if you don't want the "I didn't understand you" message
    3.  No, the NLU is looking for a match across all words in the phrase.  That is why you want to avoid common words in your utterance and limit them to unique or close to distinguishable phrases.  The NLU engine will rate ones that match non-common words over common words as a better match.
    4.  That is a feature in the old Dialog Engine that I would like to see come back into Bot Flows.  I use the \w{1,100} approach to get around this.
    5.  I always have a goodbye intent with phrases like goodbye, bye, go away, and others to gracefully end a conversation.

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Dialog Engine Bot Flow Questions

Posted 05-18-2021 21:11
    Thanks Robert for the response. Looks like Dialog Engine has potential but is being held back. Would be interesting to see how it evolves in the next few months

• 4.  RE: Dialog Engine Bot Flow Questions

Posted 06-08-2021 12:30
    Hello RObert,

I do have few questions w..r.t Genesys Dialog Engine.

Im working on Genesys Dialog flow integrated with Genesys Architect.

I have few queries on Product support. Does it support Rich media now , Can i set custom cards/Carosel Cards , Images , Buttons, Drop down list as Chat Bot question or responses.

Kindly let me know,this would be great help if you provide responses asap.Thanks in advance.

Gopalakrishnan M
    Accenture India

• 5.  RE: Dialog Engine Bot Flow Questions

Posted 06-08-2021 16:25
    Rich Text Support is a roadmap item and scheduled for sometime around August I believe quick replies is the first thing that will come, then will be followed by other types

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources