Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Official Groups - do members have to accept invitation or can Admin "make" them a member automatically?

Posted 05-02-2021 20:04
    Hi there
    my organisation started using Genesys Cloud about 6 weeks ago and we've now got a question about Official Groups. Hope someone in the community can help - I've read the online help but it doesn't cover this.
    Is there any way the Owner of the group, or an Admin can "make" users members without them accepting an invitation?
    We're finding a lot of our casual users never accept the invitations (probably get buried or they don't have time to respond on a shift) so our communications don't get through to them.  Is there anyway we can just put them into an official group?
    Many thanks
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)

------------------------------
    Anne Williams
    Lifeline

• 2.  RE: Official Groups - do members have to accept invitation or can Admin "make" them a member automatically?

Posted 05-03-2021 00:35
    We've now looked further at this and have used "rules" to "  "include" people by job title and find that this works well, just as we want it too :-)
    Have another question though, so will make that a new post

Anne Williams
    Lifeline

• 3.  RE: Official Groups - do members have to accept invitation or can Admin "make" them a member automatically?

Posted 05-13-2021 09:21
    Hi Anne - 
    Can you tell us more about how you used rules to include people by job title?  

Thanks!
    Stuart

Stuart Walters
    LUMA Energy, LLC

• 4.  RE: Official Groups - do members have to accept invitation or can Admin "make" them a member automatically?

Posted 05-13-2021 17:47
      |   view attached
    Hi Stuart
    I've attached a document that sets out the steps we took.  it's a bit rough but hope it's clear enough.  Come back to me if you can't make sense of it.
    It's quite a cool feature but not really that intuitive to fid and set up.
    Hope that helps
    Anne

Anne Williams
    Lifeline

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources