Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Custom callback in Scripter

Posted 05-19-2020 11:26
    Hello,

We are currently building a preview outbound contact center.
    For this we are using the Scripter, and that works fine.

Now the customer wants to have the scheduled callback a bit customized and I'm not quite sure if this is possible.
    What they would like to have is:

A dropdownlist with some fixed hours (e.g. 1h , 2h, 3h) (callback after).
    Date is taken from the system automatically (get current date).
    And then a Button that plans the reschedule at the  current date from the system and the current time plus the extra time selected in the dropdownlist.

Is this possible within Scripter?
    And if yes,  any guidelines how to build this ?

Many regards,
    Rob

I figured out to get the current date (but then I also get the time) how can I add some to that I haven't been able to find yet.

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Rob Mulder
    DDM Consulting Nederland B.V.

• 2.  RE: Custom callback in Scripter

GENESYS
    Posted 05-20-2020 09:47
    Hi Rob,
    Setting the callback time automatically is not currently possible from within a custom script.
    If the customer has a limited set of callback times they'd like to allow, they could use a Call Rule to schedule callbacks at different intervals based on specific wrap-up codes.
    Otherwise, agents could use the callback widget built into the interaction pane and schedule a callback for the appropriate interval. Please note that this type of callback is outside the context of a campaign run, though, and will not be affected by changes like turning the campaign off.
    Other resources: About callbacks, Callbacks in campaigns, Add a scheduled callback option to a script

Sean Carter
    Senior Software Engineer - Outbound
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Custom callback in Scripter

Posted 05-25-2020 02:56
    Hi Sean,

Thanks for clarifying the matter!
    Regards,
    Rob

Rob Mulder

• 4.  RE: Custom callback in Scripter

Posted 05-25-2020 03:41
    Hi Sean,

Just to be clear, so it's not possible in any way (JavaScript or Data Actions) to fetch current date/time and use that variable add some time to it and then use the result in a schedule callback button.

The customer wants to be 100% sure. :) and would like just 2 or 3 buttons to reschedule instead of using the wrapup buttons.
    Thanks,
    and regards,
    Rob

Rob Mulder

• 5.  RE: Custom callback in Scripter

Posted 05-25-2020 12:50
    My method replaces the callback time with and Outbound Campaign, but it is free with Genesys Cloud, so why now.  What I usually do is to get the time requested and place it into another column called "CallbackTime".  Then I use a Pre-call Rule that see if the current time has exceeded the callback time.  If not, I skip, if yes, I call.

Alternatively, you could call the create callback conversation API and put the time in that way.  You would have a drop down with the delay requested, like 2 hours and use an expression add the hours to the current time.  Place that into the data action for creation of the callback.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 6.  RE: Custom callback in Scripter

Posted 05-25-2020 17:05
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply!
    The problem is that we are running a preview campaign, meaning that the agents are the actual 'dialer' :) and we cannot use Architect.

As you suggested, we would like to make a dropdown list with options to do a callback after 1, 2 or 3 hours and then let the agent press a button in the agent script to push the callback into the system. Instead of the default callback option (because of user errors).
    Offcourse as suggested by Sean we could use the Wrap-Up codes, and we already tried but that doesn't give the wanted result as we then are limited to those Wrap-up codes and the customer doesnýt like that solution.

I was able to pull the current date (and time (and timezone)) but there seems to be no way in the Scripter tool to play with variables so that we can modify them and use them as the date/time for the callbacks.

Regards,
    Rob

Rob Mulder

• 7.  RE: Custom callback in Scripter

Posted 05-27-2020 00:25
    You can still do this.  You can have a drop-down for month, day, hour, and minute and then use these in a data action that calls the create calllback API.  Unfortunately, this will be an entirely different conversation to the original outbound call, but accomplishes what you want.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources