Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Need to have a step by step guide on How to use OAuth for a new Integration

Posted 04-11-2021 15:38

Hello Experts ,

I would like to know what are the Step By Step Procedure  to use OAuth. 

We have to make our own reporting tools for which this would be required. What needs to be Selected in Grant type SAML  / CLient Auth are couple of questions i have. 
    I have checked few knowledge base articles but the information was not complete. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    /GR

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Girish Vibhute
    Varian Medical Systems

• 2.  RE: Need to have a step by step guide on How to use OAuth for a new Integration

Posted 04-11-2021 16:17
    Hi Girish

That will depend on your "own reporting tools" but in most cases you can get away with using the Client Credentials grant type.  What's important to be aware of is the token duration time as your reporting tool may have to request a new token occasionally as part of it's querying process to the APIs.

I've set my customer's BI team up for using PowerBI and the client credential grant type has worked fine for them.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Need to have a step by step guide on How to use OAuth for a new Integration

Posted 04-16-2021 13:00

Hello Vaun,

Thanks for the information but before the time , I need to connect to Genesys to pull the information with the help of the API after that there would be issue with the token duration. I am yet to get the OAuth. Which is what I need.

Regards,
    Girish

• 4.  RE: Need to have a step by step guide on How to use OAuth for a new Integration

Posted 04-11-2021 17:25
    Girish,

I would recommend attending the three-day Genesys Cloud API class from Beyond  as this covers the various forms of OAuth, when you would want to use each, and how to do so.

HTH

• 5.  RE: Need to have a step by step guide on How to use OAuth for a new Integration

Posted 04-16-2021 12:53

Thanks Paul,

Can you please provide me more information on the 3 days API class. Let's see if I can make for it.

Regards,

Girish

• 6.  RE: Need to have a step by step guide on How to use OAuth for a new Integration

Posted 04-16-2021 13:49
    Girish,

All training from Beyond can be accessed via https://beyond.genesys.com/

Details about this class specifically can be found here.

If you don't already have one, I highly recommend getting a training subscription. For not much more than the cost of a class (or maybe two!) you get a whole year of access to all classes (as well as some other benefits, such as access to recordings of webinars) at not extra cost.

HTH

• 7.  RE: Need to have a step by step guide on How to use OAuth for a new Integration

Posted 04-16-2021 14:20

Thanks Paul ��

I will surely check on this one.

Regards,

Girish

• 8.  RE: Need to have a step by step guide on How to use OAuth for a new Integration

Posted 04-28-2021 05:28
    Hi Girish,

Noralogix have done multiple integrations and reporting in Azure.
    We've shared with community Nuget package which simplifies the process of access token creation. Source code and examples available on github
    Please check our youtube might be helpful as well.

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources