Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Speech Analytics/Transcription

Posted 05-28-2020 19:59
    I've heard that this feature coming later in the year is ONLY going to be available for BYOC deployments and none of our on-premise Edge setups.

Can someone confirm if that's true and if it is, what's the timeline to have this extended to include on-prem sites?  We've been discussing this with a number of customers and it's impacted some of their decision making on their roadmap so I'd like to get a clear view on what's holding this back from being available on-prem?  I'm guessing part of it is getting the on-premise Edge stuff back up to be transcribed but it still needs to be done.
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Speech Analytics/Transcription

Posted 06-01-2020 11:31
    I have never heard of this restriction.  I looked back at idea and release notes and found no mention of it.  Maybe @George Ganahl can ask the PM for us.​

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Speech Analytics/Transcription

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2020 15:48
    @Rakesh Tailor might have some insight ​

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Speech Analytics/Transcription

GENESYS
    Posted 06-02-2020 07:23
    It is true that there is a phased delivery of Transcription based on Edge deployment type.

Our upcoming beta and first release will provide native transcription for deployments where Edge is in the Cloud.  That means either BYOCC or PCV/GCV.  For these deployment types the audio stream is sent in real time to the Transcription Service to transcribe in real time and have the transcript available immediately after the call completes.

Subsequently, we will add support for BYOCP.  For these deployment types, we wait for the recording to be uploaded in to the Cloud and then perform transcription against the recorded audio.  In these deployment types there are often bandwidth constraints that limit the ability to stream in real time.  As a result, the architecture is slightly different.  The precise timeline hasn't been determined yet, but we are targeting Q4 for that deployment type.

There is an existing idea in the Ideas Lab for this, it would be helpful to vote on it to help prioritize it further:
    https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLWFO-I-276

Rakesh Tailor
    Director, Product Management - Workforce Engagement
    Genesys Cloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources