Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Supply schedule name as a variable in Architect

Posted 09-14-2020 06:00
    Hi All,

We have a requirement where we would dynamically want to evaluate different schedules within Architect based upon some parameters.
    Is it possible to somehow supply the schedule name as a variable to the "Evaluate Schedule", I do not see an option to use expressions or variables within that block.

Is there any other way to achieve this so as we don't have to hardcode the schedule names in the architect flows? 

Thanks in advance.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Aakanksha Goyal
    Cloudoe BV

• 2.  RE: Supply schedule name as a variable in Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 09-14-2020 10:09
    No, Architect will not allow you to use anything other than a hardcoded name.  There is an idea for it: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLSELF-I-339

Otherwise you could write a data action to fetch a schedule by name.  But then you would have to non-trivial amount of work to determine if the current datetime would be active or not.  I don't think it's possible to do that kind of evaluation in architect with the existing functions.  You could call out to a service you write (using another data action) to do the evaluation.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources