Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  When Architect requests a webservice data action, what does the request?

Posted 08-01-2020 01:35
    When a call flow uses a data action tied to a webservice integration, is it the Edge that is making that request?  If so, would an internal IP address work for building the data action, or can it only be a public IP?

Thinking in the case of LDM/BYOC Premise if the data action requests could stay internally between the Edge and the API endpoint that would make security discussions less painful :)

I'm guessing if you use the internal IP, then testing the Data Action within the UI would fail from outside.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: When Architect requests a webservice data action, what does the request?

Posted 08-03-2020 03:51
    Data Actions run directly from Genesys Cloud. To connect to a local service you either need to use Lambda Actions if applicable or a middleware that will be publicly accessible that then communicates with the internal platform.

This used to be managed with the Bridge server before it was deprecated.

There is a comment on this in the developer forum.
    https://developer.mypurecloud.ie/forum/t/data-actions-ip-private/7330

RICHARD CHANDLER
    Conn3ct

• 3.  RE: When Architect requests a webservice data action, what does the request?

Posted 08-03-2020 04:00
    Thanks Richard, the Bridge stuff was deprecated before I got involved with Genesys Cloud but yes that does look what was previously used to do it.  Frustrating because that bridge connector setup would have made a lot of what I'm doing at the moment so much easier and a smoother discussion with client's security teams.

May just have to go down the publicly available middleware option but whitelist the known Genesys Cloud public IPs (which I believe you can get through an API call).

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: When Architect requests a webservice data action, what does the request?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-04-2020 13:10
    Vaun,

Check out this blog from the Developer Center: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/blog/2018-09-11-access-local-service-from-the-cloud/

Ngrok has a paid plan that can give you good security for your service so that you can reach those internal resources.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 5.  RE: When Architect requests a webservice data action, what does the request?

Posted 08-04-2020 15:33
    Edited by Richard Chandler 08-04-2020 15:33
    Thanks Jim,

I forgot about that one. Good blog. Also worth mentioning that the best place for these questions is the developer forum.

RICHARD CHANDLER
    Conn3ct

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources