Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Prevent email interactions being transferred to 'Collaborate' (Teams) users who don't have Contact Center access

Posted 04-28-2021 20:20
    Hi All,

Just wondering if I can get a second opinion on the below.

We've loaded all of our organisation (who aren't using Genesys Cloud) using AD SCIM to setup the Teams integration, and all of these users just get the basic 'Employee' role which is just Collaborate licence. This puts everyone in the 'My Organisation' view and can be seen as a User in the relevant dialog boxes for dialling/transferring.

However when it comes to Email interactions being handled by the Contact Center agents (with the PureCloud 3 licence), it appears that if using the Blind Transfer option, all of these users appear and can be selected in the transfer dialog - and the email can be transferred to these users.

As result - the Email is subsequently transferred to a 'Collaborate' user who will never log into Genesys Cloud - and will never receive or action the email.

It appears there is no Permission to stop 'Blind Transfer' being visible in an Email interaction and the system still allows the transfer to a user that doesn't even have permissions or licence to action Contact Center interactions.

Any ideas on how to ensure only Contact Center interactions are handled by Contact Center agents?
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Security
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Jeff

• 2.  RE: Prevent email interactions being transferred to 'Collaborate' (Teams) users who don't have Contact Center access

Posted 04-29-2021 02:38
    Interesting question Jeff.  I know at one of my customers they actually do have users that are technically outside of the contact centre - account managers for example.  The actual contact centre may get an email from a client, and there may be a legitimate business requirement for the email to be transferred to the account manager/user directly.  But yes, I would have still thought in that case they'd need some type of permission to be able to actually *handle* that email.  I haven't tried though.  What happens do the email when it does get transferred to a collaborate user? Does the Collaborate user actually receive it?

I know there's been a few discussions about maybe removing the user's permission to do transfers, but instead provide them with buttons in a script where you can control what the destinations are.  I don't remember if the scripter requires the user to have the transfer permission though.

May need to look for or create an idea to allow for turning off transfers to users but then the question becomes how granular do you need that to be.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Prevent email interactions being transferred to 'Collaborate' (Teams) users who don't have Contact Center access

Posted 04-29-2021 04:11

Hi Vaun,

Yes we tried to transfer the email to the Collaborate user - the email did transfer from the PureCloud 3 user - and according to the Interaction information - it's still in progress just waiting for this user.

These users would never log into Genesys Cloud - but even if they did, they don't have the permission (Conversation > email > accept isn't allocated)

I've looked at trying to remove the permission to perform transfers - but it appears this granularity isn't available? 

Only somewhat relevant permissions are
    Conversation > email > Forward an email (only stops forwarding but not transfers)
    Conversation > communication > transfer (description says this controls "transfer other users' conversations" but not specific to email?)

Jeff

• 4.  RE: Prevent email interactions being transferred to 'Collaborate' (Teams) users who don't have Contact Center access

Posted 04-29-2021 02:55
    Hi,

Maybe you could try with a division dedicated to those users when this feature will be available : https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-713

Loic Hesling
    Orange SA

• 5.  RE: Prevent email interactions being transferred to 'Collaborate' (Teams) users who don't have Contact Center access

Posted 04-29-2021 04:17
    Thanks Loic,

I've noticed that in the Resource Center, a new permission has appeared (which isn't visible yet in Admin) - assuming this is related to the development work? 

Permission

Description

Conversation > Communication > Divisiontransfer

Transfer to destinations based on destination division

This may be an option an ensure the AD SCIM / Teamsusers are in a different division from Contact Centre users

Jeff

• 6.  RE: Prevent email interactions being transferred to 'Collaborate' (Teams) users who don't have Contact Center access

Posted 04-29-2021 05:58
    Perhaps yes, in the last update Genesys definitely did something with roles, permissions and divisions.
    It could help you but it could also prevent you from transfering voice calls to your teams users, not a good thing either.
    it really depends on how Genesys will implement this feature.

Loïc Hesling
    Orange Business Services

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources