Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

• 1.  Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 12-19-2019 14:55
    Hello,

One of our customers is finding calls which are internally transferred to another queue are being beaten by calls with a 2.5 priority set from the IVR.

Do we know what priority transferred calls are?

Thanks!
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 2.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-19-2019 15:29
    I did a quick test, with a call entering my first queue with a priority of 10 assigned in an Architect Inbound Call flow. The agent answered, then did a blind transfer to a second queue. The second agent answered, then hung up.

In the back-end logs, I show the priority of 10 being carried through after the transfer, so the call still had that priority assigned when entering the second queue.

Keep in mind that a call's priority merely modifies the time at which a call is perceived by ACD as having entered a queue. So, a call that is transferred from one queue to another resets the time it entered the new queue, and a call that has been in that new queue longer will still be routed first. A priority of 2.5 stars (which is really a priority score of 5) shifts the time entered back 5 minutes (actually 300,000 milliseconds) so a call transferred from another queue needs to have a priority of at least 6 (3 stars) to have a chance of being routed before a call that entered the queue up to 30 seconds ahead.

Let me know if that's not very clear...priority is a bit non-intuitive.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 01-05-2020 20:35
    Thanks George!

Is it possible that if you answered a call at priority 5, and then transferred it, the priority is bumped up to a 10 as part of the transfer action?

Also the info about prioritisation is great thanks! I expected it to work similarly to PureConnect with the weighted scores.Very interesting.

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 4.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-06-2020 09:14
    Changing the priority cannot be done using the Blind Transfer button in the UI. 

About the only way to accomplish that would be to create an Inbound Call flow that has a Transfer to ACD action that sets the desired priority and transfers the call to the new queue. Assign a dummy DID number in Routing to go to that flow, and have the agent enter that number in the Blind Transfer dialog (I usually create a Number Plan which takes a 4-digit number as a regular Expression and maps it to that DID number). Since the number is internal, the call stays within PureCloud rather than looping out to the telco and back.

Another option some folks use is to create a Secure Call flow that does the Transfer to ACD and sets the new priority. You would have to create a button in the script used for the call to transfer it to the Secure Call flow. That's a bit more work, but just as effective and the agent doesn't have to worry about remembering the number to transfer to. You could also have multiple buttons, one for each queue they might want to transfer to with labels to keep it easier for the agents.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 01-07-2020 22:52
    Edited by Paulo Mesquita do not use 01-07-2020 22:59
    Hi Will,

The PureCloud ACD processing is explained here:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/purecloud-acd-processing/

The platform actually look at the interaction score instead of priority only:
    Interaction Score = {Time Waiting (in minutes)} + {Priority}

For example:
    • A call waiting for 1 min with a 10 priority has a score of 11 (1+10).
    • A call waiting for 10 min with a 2 priority has a score of 12 (10+2) and will be answered first.
    If you use expression instead of the star model, you can set priority to higher values like "100" or "1000" and avoid this issue.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 6.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-08-2020 08:33
    The Resource Center is not correct, and is waiting for an update last I talked to Dev about it.

Genesys

• 7.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 01-08-2020 14:52
    Hi George,

Is the Interaction Score formula still valid?

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 8.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-08-2020 14:53
    It never was valid.

Genesys

• 9.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-08-2020 15:01
    It will read:

Note: When there are multiple interactions waiting, PureCloud ACD distributes them based on which interaction arrived first, down to the millisecond. As interactions arrive into the queue, a routing score is applied.  This score is calculated from the priority assigned to the interaction and its arrival time, such that the interaction is treated as being two minutes older for each priority star. For example, if two calls arrive at the same time and one has a priority of 5 stars while the other's priority is 3 stars, the one with 5 stars is scored as though it had arrived 4 minutes before the other interaction, and so will be routed first. Therefore, an interaction may arrive before another but be routed after the other based on the priority calculations applied to each interaction.

Genesys

• 10.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 01-08-2020 16:21
    Understood, based on this info the updated formula would be something like:

Routing Score = {Waiting Time(in msec)} + {Priority}

Where each star adds 2 to the priority.
    1 Star = Priority 2 = 2 min = 120,000 msec

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 11.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-09-2020 09:57
    No, the initial score is based upon the date-time the interaction entered the queue, not the Waiting Time.

So, more like:

Routing Score = (Time entered queue + Priority in milliseconds)

Yes, where each full star adds 120000 to the score.

The "Time entered queue" factor is calculated by dev's algorithm...not really important how they get there. The main point is that the Score does not change the longer an interaction remains in queue, An interaction retains the same score throughout (unless, of course, you transfer it to another queue or back to the same queue and assign a different priority...which also resets the "Time entered queue").

Genesys

• 12.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 01-09-2020 22:28
    Thanks George,

I can see the documentation was already updated.

I had this issue a long time ago with the email routing implementation. We have a scenario where urgent messages would not be routed every time we had an interaction with waiting time > 4 min in the regular queue:
    • Regular email queue => 3 star priority
    • Urgent email queue => 5 star priority
    To achieve what we wanted, we had to set a high priority to the urgent queue (>96h) to also cover the weekend and long holidays.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 13.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 02-16-2020 15:11
    Edited by Will Bellerby 02-16-2020 15:54
    >To achieve what we wanted, we had to set a high priority to the urgent queue (>96h) to also cover the weekend and long holidays.

Hey Paulo/George,

Is there a way to get the Priority set higher than 10? In the case of priority emails, for example. 

Paulo's comment above makes me wonder, however, the Transfer to ACD action says max is 10. 
    Will an expression of 10 * 100000000000 work? 

Edit/

I just realised Paulo also said this earlier: 

>If you use expression instead of the star model, you can set priority to higher values like "100" or "1000" and avoid this issue.

If true, then that's the answer.

Follow-up question: does the expression change the routing score or the priority? 
    I used the 10 * 1000000000 expression but found the interaction had a priority of zero. 

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 14.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-16-2020 18:48
    Instead of "*" use "+",

So, 10 + 9999 would work to give it more than 96 hours of extra priority (obviously you can go higher). I can't remember the max 9's it will take, but you do hit a limit.

Genesys

• 15.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 02-16-2020 19:32
    Thank you George!

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 16.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 02-16-2020 21:51
    Edited by Paulo Mesquita do not use 02-16-2020 21:52
    Hi Will,

I usually set the priority between quotes, the system automatically converts to integer:

In this example, 10 = 10 min = 5 stars.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 17.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 04-27-2020 19:52
    So in the case of having a DDI allocated to a call flow which does this, it also means agents can no longer select a queue from the dial options and have to be re-trained to either type that new number in, or have a contact created and they have to get used to doing that instead?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 18.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 04-28-2020 05:57
    Edited by Paulo Mesquita do not use 04-28-2020 05:57
    Hi Vaun,

All internal calls to the Queue B (Which doesn't have an Architect flow) will have a priority 0.

If the call entered Queue A via an IVR and received a priority value on the Architect flow, when you transfer this call to queue B the priority value is preserved.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 19.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 05-27-2020 22:52
    Hey @George Ganahl,

Back on this one sorry!

>In the back-end logs, I show the priority of 10 being carried through after the transfer, so the call still had that priority assigned when entering the second queue.

I've used the "1 + 999999" priority on the initial incoming call, but have found the subsequent transferred calls are getting stuck at the back of the queue.
    Does your example above work with the expression version of the priority? (Where do you see this info?) 

Perhaps some background on my problem may also help:
    Customer has a bunch of individual inbound voice and email queues, when the agents go on-queue in the morning they're flooded with emails because they've been waiting multiple hours. 
    We don't want to use utilisation to solve the issue because some days agents get smashed all day with calls and often don't get the chance to finish an email. 
    We also don't want to make changes on the fly to queue activations, let the robots be robots, not the humans!
    So, hence the question about the hyper-prioritisation of voice interactions to beat the emails.

The Secure-flow and script buttons idea is a good one, can you suggest anything else?

Thanks!

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 20.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2020 10:14
    Not enough information to know exactly what is going on, but some things to consider:

When agents log in, are calls with the high priority already waiting in queue? If not, then agents will be flooded with emails until such a call comes in. If you don't have prioritization set to allow calls to interrupt email, then those calls will only be routed when an agent comes available.

If you are using Consult Transfer, the priority is not maintained during the transfer...that is only for Blind transfers.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Genesys

• 21.  RE: Are transferred calls set at the lowest priority?

Posted 06-01-2020 21:33
    Thanks Goerge,

Some smart guy I work with suggested de-prioritising the emails, rather than fluffing around with calls and transfer issues.
    I use an expression of "1 - 999999" on the email Transfer actions and it appears to work very nicely.

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources