Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Robocall blocking

Posted 07-15-2019 16:14
    All, has anyone heard if there is a way to block Robocalls? I opened a case with Support and they stated this is a carrier feature, however, if you are PureCloud Voice, PureCloud is the carrier so I am a bit confused. I was told to open a feature request, however, if this is the carrier level, wouldn't Support need to open a case with the Carrier?
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 2.  RE: Robocall blocking

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2019 12:46
    PureCloud Voice uses carriers that will implement this feature at their discretion but this will not be a PureCloud/PureCloud Voice customer-facing feature.

Mark Bridges
    Genesys - PureCloud/PureCloud Voice Product Manager

• 3.  RE: Robocall blocking

Posted 07-16-2019 13:15
    Thank you Mark, so does that mean that the customer can request this through support to see if the carriers will implement this for them? Would that even help, do the carriers change dynamically for our customers depending on the needs of each org?

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: Robocall blocking

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2019 13:38
    Hey Angelia, 

This isn't something customers can opt into or configure.  Carriers will independently implement their own logic to reject traffic that meet criteria for robocalls.  The carriers that PCV partner with do not disclose the rules they employ but I have observed checks related to call volumes from a single source number during a specific time of day.   Hope this helps to clarify.

Mark Bridges
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources