Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to disable Direct Inbound Calls (DID) while in a ACD call

Posted 04-04-2022 08:50

Hi team,

I see there is an check box under "Contact Center -> Utilization -> Block calls when on a non-ACD call (excludes transfers)"

It is really helpful and it is blocking ACD calls while in a DID call.

I need revers one too. While in a ACD call, I need to block or forward DID calls. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Emre

#Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Emre Serdar
    Call Center Resources Dan. A.S

• 2.  RE: How to disable Direct Inbound Calls (DID) while in a ACD call

Posted 04-05-2022 04:26
    We route our DIDs to a call flow, in that flow we look up a Data Table which maps the DID to an agent. We then check that agent's status - if they are Idle we deliver the call to them otherwise we send the call to voicemail (or another queue).

You could change this to send the call to them unless they're already talking (not interacting / communicating / not responding).

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 3.  RE: How to disable Direct Inbound Calls (DID) while in a ACD call

Posted 04-05-2022 04:50

Hello James,

Thank you for your solution. It seems pretty logical. So how do you show the agents' numbers when making an outbound call? If I assign agent's number to flow, they won't have personal outbound ANI or am I missing something?

Thank you,

Emre Serdar
    Call Center Resources Dan. A.S

• 4.  RE: How to disable Direct Inbound Calls (DID) while in a ACD call

Posted 04-05-2022 05:01
    That's a tricky one. For us, we're fortunate that the numbers our clients call (the agent's caller ID numbers) are provided by a different carrier outside of Genesys Cloud, and we forward them to an individual Genesys Cloud Voice DID. The GCV DID is what we have in the data table, and it means we can add the external number to GCV as a "dummy" DID and assign it to the individual.

That way the DID assigned to them is their appropriate one for outbound Caller ID, but when a call is placed to that number it gets forwarded to their GCV DID and then routed to our Call Flow.

If your DIDs are only held in Genesys Cloud then it's definitely more tricky... Depending on the number of agents you could, I suppose, have a dedicated queue for each user and set the caller ID in the queue, and have the agents place their outbound calls on behalf of their "personal" queue - but that is a lot of admin to keep on top of.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 5.  RE: How to disable Direct Inbound Calls (DID) while in a ACD call

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2022 15:49
    Hello Emre,

New caller ID enhancements accessible in the trunk configuration will begin rolling out tomorrow 4/6. Routing a call though a trunk with the following configuration will use the agents DID for the outbound calling ID or fallback to the trunk ANI.

More information about the new feature can be found here.

David Van Milligan
    Genesys - EmployeesSr. Product Manager

• 6.  RE: How to disable Direct Inbound Calls (DID) while in a ACD call

Posted 05-13-2022 07:02
    Hi @David Van Milligan
    How can this feature solve our problem? Meaning, the DID that belongs to an agent is actually assigned to a Flow.
    When the agent perform an outbound call, it show the Trunk number.
    If we configure the DID in the person profile, we receive an error stating "duplicate information",
    The result is that the agents are frustrated to make an outbound call using a Queue to simply show their number​.
    Any suggestion?

Gennaro Montanino

• 7.  RE: How to disable Direct Inbound Calls (DID) while in a ACD call

Posted 04-05-2022 05:22
    This doesn't not solve the problem for internal calls.
    I mean:
    1. Agent A is in on ACD Call interacting
    2. Agent B calls Agent 1 using internal users address book
    3. Agent A receives a second interaction from Agent 2

Any idea how to avoid this?
    As everyone we using the DID Flow for external direct call but this scenario cannot be avoid when the call is internal since it does not go through the flow

Gennaro Montanino

• 8.  RE: How to disable Direct Inbound Calls (DID) while in a ACD call

GENESYS
    Posted 04-05-2022 08:06
    HI everyone, unfortunately, we have not been able to address this request yet - though we have been looking for solutions for some time now.  Let me re-raise this question with our development team to see if we can get some traction.

More to come.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources