Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Custom conversation header

Posted 02-06-2020 22:34
    BYOC Premises has the option under Trunk settings (Protocol group) to turn on/off Conversation SIP header ("x-inin-cnv"). 

However, I can't find 
    that option under Trunk settings (Protocol group) in BYOC Cloud.  Can you please advise/help is there any way to get this header in BYOC Cloud? 
    Thank you,
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 2.  RE: Custom conversation header

GENESYS
    Posted 02-18-2020 09:13
    Hello Tatjana,

Conversation headers are currently only available on BYOC Premises External Trunks.  Can you tell me your desired use case for conversation headers in BYOC Cloud?

Alan Lanteigne
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Custom conversation header

Posted 02-18-2020 16:04

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your response.

Not sure why this restriction with Conversation ID being present in SIP header exists on Genesys side for BYOC Cloud.  

A little bit about us: My company, Star Telecom, is Genesys partner and a telephony carrier as well.

Use case: 

As a carrier, we do have our own CDRs for each of the INBOUND/OUTBOUND calls to/from our platform. This is where Conversation ID (SIP Header name: x-inin-cnv) becomes very useful and handy as we can log the value from this SIP header in our own CDRs. Having the possibility to log Conversation ID in our CDRs will help us immensely to cross-reference the calls (interactions) made to/from Genesys Cloud i.e. to cross-reference Performance->Interactions View and Star Telecom CDRs.

Benefit:

The opportunity to easily cross-reference two logging systems (Genesys and Star Telecom) will enhance and speed up the troubleshooting and our regular Support tasks.

Thank you

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 4.  RE: Custom conversation header
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-18-2020 16:29
    Hello Tatjana,

Thank you for that use case example.  The option to enable conversation headers in BYOC Cloud was intentionally left out at launch time for a no longer relevant technical reason as well as a lack of use cases to justify the effort necessary to add the configuration and proxy the headers through.

If you have access to our Ideas portal, please submit an idea for a product improvement and mention me.  I will assign it to myself and gauge feasibility.

Alan Lanteigne
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Custom conversation header

Posted 02-18-2020 17:34
    Edited by Tatjana Knezevic 03-30-2020 15:35
    Hi Alan,

Yes, I do have access to the Ideas portal. Sure, I'll submit it there. Thank you so much for supporting us in this. Much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 6.  RE: Custom conversation header

GENESYS
    Posted 02-19-2020 11:58
    Tatjana,

Until Genesys Cloud supports something similar to the x-inin-cnv header, you can potentially utilize the standard SIP UUI header to sync up identifiers between the systems.  Here are the docs on using UUI data in Genesys Cloud: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-user-to-user-information-uui/

For an inbound call, you could send the Star Telecom identifier to Genesys Cloud via the SIP UUI header.  In Architect you could then make an API call back to your system passing both the Star Telecom identifier and the Conversation ID.  That API call could then create the identifier references in your database for cross reference.

For outbound calls, before they leave Genesys Cloud, you can store the Conversation ID in the SIP UUI header and when that passes through your trunk you can snag it off.

It understand that this is probably not ideal, but it could be used as a workaround for now.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 7.  RE: Custom conversation header

Posted 02-19-2020 18:30
    Hi @Jim Crespino,

Nice to hear from you :-) 

For the outbound call that the agent makes on behalf of the Queue how we can store Conversation ID in SIP UUI (this call is not going through the Architect)? Did you mean to use both Dynamic and Static UUI under External Trunk settings > Protocol? 

Thanks,

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 8.  RE: Custom conversation header

Posted 03-31-2020 14:59
    Hi @Jim Crespino,

Can you please provide more details regarding your suggestion "For outbound calls, before they leave Genesys Cloud, you can store the Conversation ID in the SIP UUI header and when that passes through your trunk you can snag it off." Where & how we can assign Conversation ID in the SIP UUI?
    Are there some settings on a trunk level for BYOC Cloud which we are not aware? Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources