Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is it possible? Inbound to update Outbound Contact List

Posted 03-13-2019 20:29
    Anyone know if it's possible to trigger a call outcome/wrap up from an inbound call to update the outbound contact lists?

We find that agents who are on blended inbound/outbound queues face the inability to update the outbound contact list which is driving the customer to complain via the inbound queue. We are left no other choice but to add the number to the DNC list.

Any suggestions

Cheers

#Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: Is it possible? Inbound to update Outbound Contact List

Posted 04-09-2021 05:53
    Hi Darryn,

I have been searching around in the community, since I have a similar question. Have you found a solution for this?

I would like to know, if it is possible to create/update contacts during inbound calls.

Regards,
    Charis

Charis Sideridis
    Intracom S.A. Telecom Solutions

• 3.  RE: Is it possible? Inbound to update Outbound Contact List

Posted 04-12-2021 09:17
    I believe you could do this in several ways:
    • Deliver Conversation ID to CRM, and program CRM to deliver API request to update calling list
    • Use Agent Scripting to provide a UI context for an agent to update a calling list based on whatever custom criteria are required
    • Capture for and contain customer complaints about this specific issue inside of the IVR and use automated self service features to produce the result without engaging an agent.
    So yes, it's possible to create and/or update contacts during any conversation, so long as you're invoking the API.  So far as I'm aware, it should be like making any other RESTful interaction.

Ivan Ullmann
    Global Technology Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: Is it possible? Inbound to update Outbound Contact List

Posted 04-13-2021 09:24
    Hi Darryn -

I went down the rabbit hole on this last year.  Even though it seems like it could be possible directly from scripter (actually recommended by our Proserv engineer), I found that it's not easily done without going into API-level activities.  

Good luck!

-Don

DonBertier
    Bertier CyberTech, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources